Kinorb (SM 2202) (world)
style="width: 220px; height: 250px;"
Jump map from Travellermap.com 
|Army Size (BEs)||20|
|World Trade Number||4|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||1,070|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||5,699|
|Port passengers (annual)||69,200|
Kinorb has a breathable, habitable atmosphere. The system has a population in the millions of sophonts. This is a temperate world, with a climate of average temperatures. It is a member of Third Imperium in the Regina Subsector of Spinward Marches Sector and in the Domain of Deneb. Kinorb, as a member world of the Third Imperium, holds the estate of an Imperial knight and the fiefdom of a baron. Both are members of the Imperial Nobility charged with overseeing the world.
- There is another Kinorb in the Rhylanor Subsector of the Spinward Marches.
Astrography & Planetology
Kinorb is the terminus of the Kinorb-Pixie Run, a little-used trade route and xboat link from Pixie (Spinward Marches 1903).
The IISS maintains a station in orbit around the outer gas giant Stallion. Stallion Station is capable of storing message traffic and refining fuel for the IISS XBoat line.
Kinorb has a warm climate and a standard oxygen-nitrogen atmosphere that has made the world very attractive to affluent retirees.
Prialish Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Prialish
Primary Main Sequence 0.894 4400 - 5400 0.57 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00846 0.06262 0.6 - 0.98 0.846 8.46 Orbit # * * 2 2 7 Remarks None
History & Background (Dossier)
Kinorb is ruled by a feudal technocracy, known as the Colum, and it's nine members do an excellent job of keeping the peace from the capital city, Killiasport. The world government uses very strict planning controls to maintain its bucolic image, with policies that promote large farms and deter industry.
The citizens of Kinorb believe strongly in maintaining the ecology of their world. For this reason, all industrial activity is outlawed and the world is kept at TL–5 and all engines used must meet stringent pollution controls and standards. Some higher tech grav vehicles are used by the government for government purposes, but most of the vehicles are hand crafted on planet and therefore extremely expensive. Much of the population still rely on horse and anson power.
Kinorb's Riesling Down Starport is large and has extensive facilities.
While not classified as an agricultural world, Kinorb does produce a surprising amount of grains, breads and meats. Kinorb's wines are known throughout the Spinward Marches, and their beer is widely believed to be among the best.
In addition to the startown around the port, the other major settlement on Kinorb is Gangburg.
During the Fifth Frontier War, Kinorb was subject to attacks from Zhodani-allied Vargr forces. On 014-1108 the Imperial Admiralty declared the system a combat zone.
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Marc Miller. The Spinward Marches (Game Designers Workshop, 1979), 20-21.
- Marc Miller. The Spinward Marches Campaign (Game Designers Workshop, 1985), 18-19.
- Marc Miller. Imperial Encyclopedia (Game Designers Workshop, 1987), 94-100. (UWP only)
- Rob Caswell. "Domain of Deneb: Sector Data." MegaTraveller Journal 3 (1992): 47-58. (UWP only)
- Dave Nilsen. The Regency Sourcebook (Game Designers Workshop, 1995), 38. (UWP only)
- Martin Dougherty, Neil Frier. Behind the Claw (Steve Jackson Games, 1998), 82.
- Mike West. The Spinward States (Avenger Enterprises, 2008), 103. (UWP only)
- Martin Dougherty. The Spinward Marches (Mongoose Publishing, 2008), .
- Martin Dougherty. Behind the Claw (Mongoose Publishing, 2019), 40-45. (UWP only)
- John Wallace. Kinorb World Book (John Wallace, 2020), 2-19.
- Author: Bob Grob via HIWG
- ↑ "Jump Map API" and map location from Travellermap.com
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 An unpublished factoid written by Bob Grob
- Third Imperium worlds
- Domain of Deneb worlds
- Era: Milieu 1116
- Articles at intermediate completion state
- Fifth Frontier War worlds
- Humaniti worlds
- Kinorb Cluster worlds
- Kforuzeng worlds
- Walker Robotics worlds
- Worlds with a X-Boat Station
- Republic of Regina worlds
- T5 Second Survey worlds