- Thousands upon thousands of sports exist, from those between single contestants, through to those with hundreds of simultaneous participants, either in teams or competing as individuals.
- While most sports evolved from the cultures of one sophont species, a number of others have originated from inter-species contact and cultural exchange.
- A number of very popular sports have subsector, multi-subsector, or even multi-sector leagues.
These entertainments include through casual or organized participation, aim to use, maintain or improve physical ability and skills while providing enjoyment to participants, and in some cases, entertainment for spectators. Many sports are less physical in nature and more mental in nature such as Terran chess.
Sports should feature the following criteria:
- Have an element of competition
- Be in no way harmful in a lasting way to any living creature
Selected Sports Within Charted Space
- Interstellar Sports
- BITS Zipwire
- Psionic Games
- National Sport: "Panspeciatic Spherocalvina"
- National Sport: Duriir
- Null-G Kabbadi
- Interstellar Safari: Hunting
- Some Terran humans compare the sport of Afeahylhtowtry to the Terran sport of Falconry.
- Another world where 'thoptering (Ornithopter) is a popular pastime and sport.
- There are numerous sailing events ( sailboating, windsurfing & other watersports being a passion ) held each month at the coastal sites of Ophalion, Kirhoi, Manariol, Bhaerod, & Lios.
- The national sport is Remii, a lacrosselike game brought to the world by its original Vilani colonists. The planetary championship is held after harvest at Renamenire.
- Sport shooting
- The sport of Gee-Ball. Vengeance by Proxy
- Kitookroo K'kree
- The Aashamae are sports mad. The only chance they get to relax is watching and gambling on sports. The huge domes for low gravity sport events dotted all around the spaceport are testimony to this. The regulations are tight and the officious and logical minded Aashamae spend hours calculating new odds strategies. Aashma (world)
- Gravbike Racing
No information yet available.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Sport. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. The text of Wikipedia is available under the Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|