Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Hkurlei/Aokiylair (Riftspan Reaches 1517)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
style="width: 220px; height: 250px;"
Jump map from Travellermap.com 
Hkurlei is a poor, industrial, high-population desert hellworld, with a billion or more sophonts struggling to survive in a inhospitable environment.
- Hellworlds often offer daily, and sometimes hourly, life-threatening situations to their inhabitants.
- This world has no free-standing water.
- As an industrial world, this planet has well-developed manufacturing and processing industries. Manufactured goods are a major export item.
- This world is part of the Aslan Hierate, as a single multiple-world clan dominate, in the Aokiylair Subsector of Riftspan Reaches Sector.
- This world has a colony at Aufusyah (world).
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
Hkurlei has always had harsh conditions.
- Temperatures at the equator frequently exceed 40 degrees Celsius, and cloudless skies grant no protection from the blazing orange sun.
History & Background (Dossier)
In 3638 Aslan (1106 Imperial) all surface water was lost. During a period of peak solar activity, a catastrophic fault crippled the planet's weather control system.
- The few shallow lakes which had served as reservoirs began to evaporate.
- Panic might have ensued on a human world. With few exceptions, however, the native Aslan settled themselves to the drastic water rationing imposed by their clan leaders.
- In a few isolated incidents, thefts of water were reported; as a whole, though, the inhabitants refused to insure their individual survival at the expense of their fellows.
The Aslan philosophy of taro - literally, "it comes" - enabled the people of Hkurlei to weather the disaster.
- The planet's hydrosphere never completely recovered, but today the populace has adjusted.
- New safeguards have been implemented to make sure a similar crisis never occurs again.
References & Contributors (Sources)
This list of sources was used by the Traveller Wiki Editorial Team and individual contributors to compose this article. Copyrighted material is used under license from Far Future Enterprises or by permission of the author. The page history lists all of the contributions.
- Periodical: MegaTraveller Travellers' Digest No. 19
- ↑ "Jump Map API" and map location from Travellermap.com