|No. of Stars||18|
|Majority Control||Non-aligned, unclaimed (NaXX) - 61%|
|2nd Control||Haddox Association (HaXX) - 39%|
- It lies within Charted Space.
- It is a remote but developing frontier.
Description / Specifications
Haddox Subsector is a lightly populated region with a number of settled worlds. Some of the more remote worlds within the region have never had an intelligent being visit them.
- Its systems comprise part of the Outer Loop, a ring of jump-3-accessable systems that surround the Hudson Expanse rift region.
- Haddox Association vessels may occasionally traverse the spinward parts of the subsector.
- The resources of the subsector are being exploited but remain largely untapped.
Astrographic Features & Trade Routes: 1105
- The subsector is a relatively low stellar density region.
- The brightest star is a white main sequence primary of the Eiavfij system.
- There is one rift region within the subsector.
- The Haddox Cluster lies within the spinward and central parts of the subsector.
- It is the location of the Haddox Association.
- No trade routes are noted as crossing the region.
A basic map showing the distribution and size of stars within Haddox Subsector.
- The color corresponds to the visible color of the star, which links to its spectral classification.
- The size as shown indicates both the physical size of the object and its relative brightness.
Note that the stars as depicted are representative. Any star, no matter what its size, is a mere speck within the hex it occupies.
- Ordinary main sequence stars can barely be seen from even a hex away.
- Huge, intensely luminous giant stars can be seen from across the subsector and far beyond.
One large rift area lies within the subsector: the Xurun Rift.
- The Rift extends into the rimward edge of the subsector.
- It is considered to be part of The Gulfs, an extended region of the Idella Rift.
A simple map showing rift regions within Haddox Subsector.
- This level of technology allows the routine use of up to Jump-3 drives.
- Areas that cannot be crossed by Jump-3-capable vessels are denoted as rifts.
World Listing: 1105
Comprehensive Second Survey data for all worlds lying within Haddox Subsector is available.
- The primary source material for all data is Traveller Map.
- Other sources may differ: some elements of the data may be contradictory or incorrect.
- Data is occasionally updated as new information becomes available.
- Scouting missions gathering reliable, verified data can receive substantial payment.
- Verified updated data is constantly sought.
Subsector Summary: 1105
Note that this section is awaiting an AAB Interal Records update.
History & Background / Dossier
Haddox Subsector is a remote, undeveloped backwater, though it does experience a relatively large amount of activity compared to many the other subsectors of Astron Sector.
Occasionally, the following groups may be encountered:
- Small numbers of Zhodani traders, explorers, or scouts.
- Very rarely, Zhodani trade and cultural exchange missions.
- Haddox Associations vessels may occasionally cross the spinward parts of the subsector.
Polity Listing: 1105
The following races (sophont species) are believed to have originated in this subsector:
Significant populations of the following races (sophont species) reside within this area:
Major Historical Events Timeline: 1105
- 300-420: First Survey charts the subsector.
- ca 770: Initial settlement of the Haddox Cluster.
- ca 800: Founding of the Haddox Association.
- 995-1065: Second Survey charts the subsector.
- 1065: The Second Survey is published.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article has metadata.|