Fringian Goods Wagon
The Goods Wagon is a Railroad Vehicle. It requires a railroad network of the correct gauge to operate.
Description / Specifications
A cargo wagon designed to be towed by a railroad locomotive.
Hull / Suspension
An enclosed box-shaped hull constructed from wood and steel.
- Length: 8.6m, Width: 3.2m, Height: 3.9m.
- Overall Volume: approximately 108m³ (8.0 dTons).
- Unloaded Weight: 18,400 kg.
The overall volume measures the vehicles maximum dimensions and includes track clearance. The enclosed volume of the hull is lower.
The vehicle is fitted with wheels mounted onto axles.
- The vehicle is designed to operate on rail networks. The gauge (the distance between the inner faces of the two rails) for railroad networks within the Distant Fringe is generally 1.5m and most examples of the wagon are built to match that standard.
The Goods Wagon has no internal power source.
Wagons are unpowered. They are moved by being attached to a railroad locomotive.
- Wagons are fitted with an automatic coupling system. At TL 5 the linkage also includes pressure hoses that connect to the locomotive and operate the wagons braking system.
The body of the wagon consists of an enclosed cargo hold. The vehicle has basic environmental protection (the hull is weatherproof but is not sealed). The cargo hold is accessed by sliding side doors.
- Cargo Storage: 56m³ (4 dTons).
- Maximum load: 45,500 kg.
- Maximum Gross Weight: 63,900 kg.
History / Background
A wagon designed to move bulk loads along railroad networks.
See also: Vehicles of the Distant Fringe
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|