|Enid/Keum (Massilia 0113)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
- As an industrial world, this planet has well-developed manufacturing and processing industries. Manufactured goods are a major export item.
- Its economy is rapidly growing and living conditions are expected to rapidly improve barring outside forces.
- This a "high technology" world with technology achievements at, near, or over technology standards for Charted Space.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Keum Subsector of Massilia Sector in the Domain of Sylea.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
No information yet available.
Enid Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Enid
Primary Main Sequence 0.489 2800 - 3600 0.04 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00511 0.01659 0.16 - 0.26 0.511 5.11 Orbit # * * 0 1 6
History & Background (Dossier)
Imperial High (Landed) Nobility
- It holds the estate of an Imperial knight.
- It holds the fiefdom of an Imperial count.
- It holds the fiefdom of an Imperial minor duke.
Enid (Massilia 0113) was originally colonized by the Vilani of the First Imperium. It did not do well under the Rule of Man, and by -1600 it had lost all space-faring industry. In -1565, an expedition sponsored by Emperor Francis settled on the planet, which experienced a brief renaissance. But with the loss of outside support after the final collapse of the Rule of Man in -1526, the decline resumed. Enid fell to a tech level of 6 and stabilized there. The planet was recontacted by the Third Imperium in 20 and the megacorporation Sternmetal Horizons, received an exclusive mandate to develop the system. For 60 years, Sternmetal milked the system dry under the guise of developing it. Although the system during that time rose to TL10 -- borderline TL11 in some areas -- most of the crucial infrastructure was owned by Sternmetal, and the benefits of the higher technology never seem to reach most of the population.
- In 80, Enid petitioned Artemsus to be allowed to take over all of Sternmetal's assets in the system, alleging that the corporation has gotten its initial investment returned a hundred-fold already. As the petition was supported by Marquis Errol of Enid, Artemsus appointed a Lord High Commissioner to examine the situation and make a recommendation concerning the petition.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article was published in JTAS Online and you need to be a subscriber to see the article. You may view the entire original article here.|