|Primary||K8 V F9 V|
|Law Level||No law|
|Army Size (BEs)||1|
|World Trade Number||3|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||0|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||0|
|Port passengers (annual)||0|
Dagemi is a nonindustrial desert hellworld with a population struggling to survive in an inhospitable environment.
- Hellworlds often offer daily, and sometimes hourly, life-threatening situations to their inhabitants. Survivors often form intense survival skills and tend to be grim realists.
- This world has no free-standing water.
- It requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society. Having to import most manufactured and high tech goods drives the price up for these items at this world. It is a member of Third Imperium in the Nulinad Subsector of Empty Quarter Sector and in the Domain of Antares. Dagemi, as a member world of the Third Imperium, holds the estate of an Imperial knight, a member of the Imperial Nobility charged with overseeing the world. This world contains a Scout Base, capable of handling Scout Service starships and personnel.
Astrography and Planetology
Part of the Sashar-Pamushgar Cluster.
Binary Solar System
Dagemi Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Dagemi
Primary Main Sequence 0.5214 3000 - 3800 0.056 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00517 0.01963 0.19 - 0.31 0.517 5.17 Orbit # * * 0 1 6 Remarks Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Dagemi
Secondary Main Sequence 1.092 5500 - 6200 1.668 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.01027 0.10712 1.03 - 1.67 1.027 10.27 Orbit # * 0 4 3 7 Remarks
History and Background
Dagemi, a moon of the gas giant Dagemi Vee, is itself remarkable only for its scout base. However, the gas giant itself is very interesting, having a genuine ‘shirt-sleeve environment’ - a warm, breathable, low-radiation layers within its atmosphere that a man can breathe without special equipment. Attempts to create proper settlements, however, have floundered on serious logistical problems.
The surprising discovery of the breathable layers of the gas giant Dagemi Vee spurred on the terraforming (really, aeroforming) and colonization of such worlds to be the future of the Imperium, as breathable gas giants could hold hundreds of trillions of Imperial citizens in comfort. The Department of Gas Giant Colonization was created within the Ministry of Colonization: the numerous Scout activities around Dagemi Vee gave a badly needed shot in the arm to the local subsector economy.
However, the costs and unforeseen difficulties of this project just kept piling up. The priority of the project fell sharply after the death of Emperor Anguistus in 365, and funding shrunk year after year. By the early 400s, the entire department was seen as a boondoggle and closed, despite the pleas of the Sector Duke and the Duke of Nulinad. Only a single base was retained by the Imperial government, and transferred to the Imperial Scouts: several other scientific bases from various universities and institutes are also occupied, but only on an occasional basis.
UWP Changes (all dates are Imperial Calendar)
- T20 - 993 - Dagemi 0738 C590404-6 S De Lo Ni 323 Im
- CT - 1105 - Dagemi 0738 C590500-7 S De Ni 223 Im
- MT - 1125 - Dagemi 0738 C590500-5 De Ni 223 Ou - Outlands - Failing - a declining life support system
- TNE - 1201 - Dagemi 0738 X590413-4 De Lo Ni Po B 923 Wi - Wilds