Clan (SM 1103) (world)
style="width: 220px; height: 250px;"
Jump map from Travellermap.com 
|Army Size (BEs)||150|
|World Trade Number||5|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||13,820|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||1,035,000|
|Port passengers (annual)||213,000|
Clan had a tainted atmosphere and limited access to surface water, making it poorly suited to sophont habitation. The system has a population in the hundreds of millions, and suited to being a industrial worlds. This world designated as an Amber Zone. Caution is advised since the world has an environment, laws, customs, life forms, or other conditions that are not well understood and might be a danger to a visitor. It is a member of Zhodani Consulate in the Jewell Subsector of Spinward Marches Sector and in the Province of Iadr Nsobl. This world supports a Zhodani Military Base and the system supports a Zhodani Naval Base. In the Zhodani Consulate this world was named Iefi.
Astrography & Planetology
The planet has a warm climate and a standard oxygen-nitrogen atmosphere tainted by suspended debris due to the world's dry nature. Clan is sometimes called the gateway to the Riverland Cluster, and all ships entering the system are subject to Zhodani naval escorts. Clan contains a heavily fortified Zhodani naval base that forms part of the Riverland Wall defensive line.
Clan Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Clan
Primary Main Sequence 0.5214 3000 - 3800 0.056 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00517 0.01963 0.19 - 0.31 0.517 5.17 Orbit # * * 0 1 6
IISS GURPS Astrographics Survey
1103 Clan (Zhodani)
Starport: Class IV - Naval Base.
Diameter: 6,465 miles (10,300 km).
Atmosphere: Standard oxygen-nitrogen, tainted by suspending debris due to the world's dry nature.
Government: Impersonal bureaucracy (funded by the Consulate Postal Service).
Control Level: 5.
Tech Level: 9.
World Trade Number: 5.
History & Background (Dossier)
Clan is seen by the Zhodani as so strategically vital that no Imperial vessel is allowed to enter the system without a Zhodani escort.
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Marc Miller. The Spinward Marches (Game Designers Workshop, 1979), 12-13.
- Marc Miller. The Spinward Marches Campaign (Game Designers Workshop, 1985), 18-19.
- Marc Miller. Imperial Encyclopedia (Game Designers Workshop, 1987), 94-100. (UWP only)
- Rob Caswell. "Domain of Deneb: Sector Data." MegaTraveller Journal 3 (1992): 47-58. (UWP only)
- Dave Nilsen. The Regency Sourcebook (Game Designers Workshop, 1995), 37. (UWP only)
- Martin Dougherty, Neil Frier. Behind the Claw (Steve Jackson Games, 1998), 58.
- Mike West. The Spinward States (Avenger Enterprises, 2008), 99. (UWP only)
- Martin Dougherty. The Spinward Marches (Mongoose Publishing, 2008), .
- Martin Dougherty. Behind the Claw (Mongoose Publishing, 2019), 32.
- ↑ "Jump Map API" and map location from Travellermap.com