|Cathay/Vega (Solomani Rim 2012)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
- Its economy and population are rapidly growing and living conditions are expected to quickly rise barring outside forces.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Vega Subsector of Solomani Rim Sector in the Domain of Sol.
- This world has a nearby Imperial Naval Base, capable of handling warships.
It is a Terran Norm garden world.
2012 Cathay (Imperial)
Starport: Class V - Naval Base.
Diameter: 7,800 miles (12,500 km). Gravity: 1.00g.
Atmosphere: Standard oxygen-nitrogen.
Population: 36 billion.
Control Level: 6.
Tech Level: 11.
World Trade Number: 6.
History & Background (Dossier)
Cathay, formerly known as Deraanasa (Anglic: Deraanasa), is a high-population garden world.
- It is located in Vega Subsector of the Solomani Rim.
- The system is a member of the Imperium and contains a Naval Base.
This world is actually called Zhongguo by its inhabitants, who are predominantly of Chinese-Vilani descent. Although Cathay was located in space bordering both the Vegan Polity and the Easter Concord, Cathayan society deliberately shut itself off from all outside contact during the Long Night, remaining independent. During this period of isolation, a religious movement, Tianhe, arose and spread across the planet. Tianhe was concerned with the proper way to construct an ordered and sane society.
Today, Cathay’s rulers have struck a balance between cultural isolation and interstellar contact. Certain regions of the planet are defined as “Open Commercial Zones,” and offworlders are free to live and move about within those zones. The rest of the planet is off-limits to foreigners.