|No. of Stars||22|
|Majority Control||NaHu - 95%|
|2nd Control||NaAs - 5%|
- It lies within Charted Space.
- On older surveys it may be referred to as the Bengalaz Quadrant.
No information yet available.
World Details: 1105
- The first listed world lying within the subsector occupies hex 2531.
- The last listed world lying within the subsector occupies hex 3240.
Astrographic Features & Trade Routes: 1105
- It is a distinctive, extremely bright feature that can be easily observed from all across Charted Space.
- It is more than 40 parsecs in diameter.
- It contains an unusually high number of giant stars.
- It is the density of giant stars within the region, rather than their individual brightness, that makes the feature so prominent.
The night-time skies of all of the worlds across the region are studded with a panoply of colorful, intensely bright stars.
- Some are so bright that they can be clearly seen from planetary surfaces during daylight hours.
- The brightest is Theta Borealis, an unstable, violent, blue-white bright supergiant with a luminosity of around 73,000 sols.
- Other extremely bright stars within the cluster include Sigma Borealis, Tau Borealis, Epsilon Borealis, Mu Borealis, and Kappa Borealis.
- While the cluster contains many extremely luminous giant stars, Theta B is exponentially brighter than any of the others.
Chains of giant stars trail out from the cluster into many of the surrounding sectors.
- Bengalaz Subsector lies to rimward-trailing of the clusters core, forming part of a long outlying trail of giant stars.
A basic map showing the distribution and size of stars within Bengalaz Subsector.
- The color corresponds to the visible color of the star, which links to its spectral classification.
- The size as shown indicates both the physical size of the object and its relative brightness.
Note that the stars as depicted are representative. Any star, no matter what its size, is a mere speck within the hex it occupies.
- Ordinary main sequence stars can barely be seen from even a hex away.
- Huge, intensely luminous giant stars can be seen from across the subsector and far beyond.
World Listing: 1105
Subsector Summary: 1105
Bengalaz, subsector P of Theta Borealis contains 22 worlds with an estimated population of 48 billion, a per capita income of Cr2,656, and a total economy is BCr127,908. These worlds originate an interstellar trade of BCr279 through 20 starports (4 Class A, 8 Class B, 4 Class C, 4 Class D) employing 30,235 people. Driving this interstellar trade are six Agricultural (Ag) worlds, three Non-Agricultural (Na) worlds, no Pre-Agricultural (Pa) worlds, six Pre-Industrial (Pi) worlds, one Rich (Ri) world, and three Industrial (In) worlds. The governments in Bengalaz maintain one Naval base, and one Scout base. The average technology level is 8 (with most between 5 and 11). The highest technology level is 13 at Jugartha (Theta Borealis 2831), Corcoran (Theta Borealis 2837), and Yukva (Theta Borealis 3036).
Bengalaz, subsector P of Theta Borealis contains 36 stars and 213 identified planets; 11 monostellar systems, nine binary systems, one trinary system, and one system with four or more stars. 14 of the 22 systems (63%) have native gas giants. There are two Asteroid (As) belts, two Desert (De) worlds, no Garden (Ga) worlds, no Ice-capped (Ic) worlds, four Poor (Po) worlds, four Vacuum (Va) worlds, and three Water (Wa) or Ocean (Oc) worlds.
Bengalaz has an estimated population of 48 billion distributed across four High population (Hi) worlds, four Moderate population (Ph) worlds, seven Non-industrial (Ni) worlds, three Low population (Lo) worlds, and no Barren (Ba) worlds. The highest population world is Des Prez (Theta Borealis 2835). The population consists of 1 sophont groups.
|1 identified sophont populations in Bengalaz|
No information yet available.
Polity Listing: 1105
- Independent Powers (Pocket Empires)
- Other Powers
- Third Imperium (Imperial powers)
The following races (sophont species) are believed to have originated in this area:
- Humaniti (Human races)
- Non-Human Races
Significant populations of the following races (sophont species) reside within this area:
Major Historical Events Timeline: 1116
These are some of the more important historical events that have affected this area:
- No information yet available.
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|