Balaanii class Merchant Freighter
|Balaanii class Merchant Freighter|
|Type: MC Merchant Freighter|
|Architect||David Burden, Maksim-Smelchak|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan design.|
|EOS||Still in active service.|
|Manufacturer||Sesh-Ifaen Freight Tractors|
|Passengers||12 High/Med 112 Low|
|Reference||Fan: David Burden|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
- Using a 10,000-ton hull, the Balaanii -class is a Merchant Freighter. It mounts a jump drive-1, maneuver drive-1, and power plant-G, giving a performance of Jump-1 and 1-G acceleration. Fuel tankage for #.0 tons supports the power plant and Jump-1 (...additional fuel #.0 tons). Adjacent to the bridge is a ship computer Model/1. There are # staterooms and # low berths.
- The ship has 100 hard points and 3.0 tons allocated to fire control. Installed on the hard points are up to 100 turrets armed with a variety of standard socket weapons.
- There are 4 standard ship's vehicles: ...four Shuttles. It has a generous hangar to rear with a considerable subcraft inventory. It can also dock bigcraft and barges when desired.
- Cargo capacity is #.0 tons. The hull is streamlined. There are nearly 40.0 tons of waste space.
- The ship requires a crew of #: TBD. The ship can carry # passengers and # low berth passengers. The ship costs MCr# (...including discounts and fees). It takes # months to build and takes # months if built in quantity.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||TBD tons.|
|3.||Performance / Engineering||Propulsion:|
|4.||Main Section / Electronics||Model/TBD fib ship computer.|
|6.||Armament / Weaponry||The normal weapons fit-out for it is:|
|8.||Craft / Drones||None|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||Fueling Equipment:|
|11.||Construction Time||TBD months to build, TBD months in quantity.|
It is a very common sight throughout Dagudashaag and Gushemege Sectors, where it mostly operated. It was designed to make planetary landings and perform wilderness refueling actions. It has sold elsewhere and is known for its simplicity of design and a hardy, no frills naval architecture. It was originally designed at a hardy, yet simple TL-10, although remains interchangeability of parts several TLs lower or higher than its tech base. Most extant models have been upgraded to TL-12 standards.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Vessel Peculiarities: The design's overengineering has left large amounts of waste space (...nearly 4%), which is both a blessing and a curse. It's a blessing when engineers have plenty of room to perform servicing and a curse to profit minded captains who want to keep low margins.
- The other odd note is that unlike other designs favoring Vilani aesthetics and design elements, it has a very well designed life support and air conditioning system. Most Vilani seem almost anosmic (...non-smelling) to other sophonts. Even the galley can quickly vent strong culinary odors.
Class Naming Practice/s: The Balaanii's namesake is a huge, trundling, yet speedy grazer from Vland, a creature with few natural predators and a long lived grace completely out of nature with its megafaunic appearance.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type MC class Cargo Freighter
|This article has metadata.|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|