Arcturus (SR 2921) (world)
|Arcturus/Arcturus (Solomani Rim 2921)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
Arcturus is a ring of many small worldlets (planetoids AKA an "asteroid belt"), not capable of retaining an atmosphere or water, and is also a low-population vacuum environment with a population less than 10,000 sophonts in population size, warranting hazardous environment precautions.
- Life in a vacuum requires great discipline. After all, it only takes one forgotten seal on a vacuum suit to spell death. Those who survive tend to be very methodically-minded and attentive to small detail.
- This a "high technology" world with technology achievements at, near, or over technology standards for Charted Space.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Arcturus Subsector of Solomani Rim Sector in the Domain of Sol.
- Some also call it Arcturus Belt.
- It is a colony of Banasdan (Solomani Rim 2920), administered in a government enclave at Wainwright Starport.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
Arcturus is a comparative backwater system, neither particularly rich or important. Its population is almost entirely composed of miners and their support personnel.
- Mining licenses have been restricted to larger corporations such as Lamarck Minerals and Triple-G Resources, which has caused resentment among locals.
Arcturus Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Arcturus
Primary Giant 4.2 3800 - 4800 140 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.19726 0.98141 9.41 - 15.33 19.726 197.26 Orbit # 0 3 7 8 11 Remarks Alpha Boötis
2921 Arcturus (Imperial)
Starport: Class III - None.
Diameter: Asteroids. Gravity: N/A.
Government: Captive (Banasdan).
Control Level: 2.
Tech Level: 12.
World Trade Number: 3.
History & Background (Dossier)
- The system is a member of the Imperium.
- It was part of the Arcturus Federation until joining the Imperium in 583.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|