This is a world-system under construction and is currently being input-programmed into the Traveller RPG Wiki.
|Annan/Scotian Deep (Reaver's Deep 1413)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
|Primary||M1 V M8 V|
Annan is a non-agricultural and nonindustrial vacuum world, which warrants hazardous environment precautions.
- Life in a vacuum requires great discipline. After all, it only takes one forgotten seal on a vacuum suit to spell death. Those who survive tend to be very methodically-minded and attentive to small detail.
- It requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society.
- It is unable to produce quality foodstuffs and must import them.
- It has few prospects for economic development.
- It is a member of the Principality of Caledon in the Scotian Deep Subsector of Reaver's Deep Sector.
- This world has a nearby Military Base, usually associated with ground forces.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
No information yet available.
Binary Solar System
Annan Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Annan
Primary Main Sequence 0.4574 2600 - 3500 0.033 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00475 0.01516 0.15 - 0.24 0.475 4.75 Orbit # * * 0 1 6 Remarks None Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Annan
Secondary Main Sequence 0.244 1900 - 2500 0.003 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00224 0.00415 0.04 - 0.06 0.224 2.24 Orbit # * * * 0 5 Remarks None
- Main World Data
- System Name Annan
- System Location Reavers_Deep Sector / Subsector F
- Travel Zone Green (No Special Restrictions)
- Stellar Type G7 V
- Gas Giants 0
- Asteroid Belts 0
- Allegiance Non-aligned (Na)
- Bases Independent Military Base
- Starport C: Routine Facilities. Major Repairs. Refined Fuel. Class III
- Diameter 1 Small (1600km)
- Atmosphere 0 Vacuum
- Hydrographics 0 No Water.
- Population 6 7 Million
- Government 5 Fuedal Technocracy
- Law Level 3 Low law (machineguns, auto weapons prohibited) GCR 2
- Tech Level A Early Stellar (Jump, Circa 2100) GTL 9
- Core Type Molten
- Density 0.93 Earths
- Mass 0 Earths
- Gravity 0 G
- Rotation Period 23 hours
- Orbital Period 101 days
- Axial Tilt 15 degrees
- Orbital Eccentricity 0.009
- Satellites 0
- Surface Pressure 0 atm
- Trade Information
- System Classifications:
- World Trade Number (WTN): 4
- Per Capita Income (WPCI): $2,928
Annan's economy is heavily based on mining. Most of Caledon's major mining conglomerates run operations based on underground cities drilled into the rock underneath the arid, dusty deserts that make up most of the planet's surface.
Annan is a key outpost on the Principality's coreward frontier.
- Army - It is protected by two TL–10 reinforced infantry battalions.
- Navy - Annan is home port for Task Force 23 of the Royal Caledonian Navy, a portion of the Coreward Station.
- Marines - Marine Garrison Force Annan (II Marine Brigade) from Marine Garrison Forces (Coreward Station Headquarters) HM Dockyard Cuillin, is also part of the system's defenses.
- Royal Caledonian Expeditionary Service - RCES Annan - The OA at Annan is responsible for exploration and research in the desolate and underexplored worlds to coreward. The Royal Caledonian Expeditionary Service maintains a station here which includes a large proportion of scientists and researchers. Its Research and Expeditionary Divisions are particularly important.
- The Caledon Royal Mail also sends ships here to service this world's communication needs; Annan is the terminus of a major RCM route.
History & Background (Dossier)
Colonized in 408 during the reign of Ian VI, Annan is a small, non-industrial, non-agricultural, vacuum world, home to seven million residents.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|