Aasha Ziru Sirka
- It is the Vilani Navy.
Please refer to the following AAB library data for more information:
- Starship User Types
- Major Race / Suprapolity Ships
- Aslan / Aslan Hierate
- Droyne / Droyne Oytrip Yatroy
- Hivers / Hive Federation
- K'kree / Two Thousand Worlds
- Solomani / Solomani Confederation
- Third Imperium / Imperials
- Vilani / Ziru Sirka
- Aasha Ziru Sirka
- Vargr / Vargr Extents
- Zhodani / Zhodani Consulate
- 1 Description / Specifications
- 2 History & Background / Dossier
- 3 Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
- 4 References & Contributors (Sources)
Description / Specifications
The main doctrine of the Aasha can best be described as the big hammer'. Form a fleet big enough for the job, smash the foe. The Aasha could, and was willing, to take the time to defeat a foe, often sitting back for up to 10 years to achieve victory.
Trade is the life blood of the empire and nothing must be allowed to disrupt trade and the flow of goods. Secure borders AND internal security is essential for the continued success of the empire. Disruptive elements must be quickly destroyed lest they be allowed to fester and disrupt the harmony that is the vilani rule.
Doctrine & Strategy (Operations)
Fighters are used for massed long range missile fire. Ships are designed to be sufficient for the task at hand. Extravagant and unnecessary features are to be avoided. Utility and economy of force in tried and true designs is the goal. Reliability is essential. If a danger presents itself, study it first to learn what you can. Then mass the largest force available and strike only once absolute superiority and victory are assured. Patience is critical to success.
History & Background / Dossier
- During the period of the Interstellar Wars, the First Imperium had become morbid bound, as too had the Navy. Mired in fixed tactics often created ten thousand years previously, and a cultural imperative not to change. The First Imperium was also beset by internal power struggles, revolts and "barbarians" along the spinward and rimward borders, noticeably the Terrans and Vargr.
- This left to much of the early period of the Interstellar Wars to be fought by a small subset of the Aasha Ziru Sirka (Anglic: Aasha Ziru Sirka). Had the Ziru Sirka (Anglic: Ziru Sirka) marshaled enough resources, it could have easily defeated Terra, conservative tactics and slavish devotion to tradition combined with the limits of jump 2 technology limited their ability to cope with rapid change.
Naval Depot systems, or Eshimaar (Anglic: Eshimaar), have a long history within Charted Space and fully date back to the Ziru Sirka (Anglic: Ziru Sirka), possibly beyond. At any rate, the early Vilani used them as rallying points for their campaigns of intergalactic conquest, err...intergalactic business and advertising. During the Ziru Sirka (Anglic: Ziru Sirka), Eshimaar (Anglic: Eshimaar) were Aasha Ziru Sirka (Anglic: Aasha Ziru Sirka) marshalling areas and comprised at least 10% of Vilani Naval Bases.
- These facilities were mothballed during peacetime and activated during hostilities.
- By the time of the Ziru Sirka (Anglic: Ziru Sirka), the Bureaux added research and development to the mission of the Eshimaar (Anglic: Eshimaar).
- Known Aasha Ziru Sirka (Anglic: Aasha Ziru Sirka) Eshimaar (Anglic: Eshimaar) include Shulgiasu (world) and Dingir (world) in Solomani Rim Sector during the Ninth Interstellar War.
Task forces are groups according to function and task. Available resources in that region of operation are expected to deal with their local areas of responsibilities. Each frontier segment is expected to address the problems that arise within their sphere of interest.
Selected Ship Classes
- Adip class Missile Fighter
- Agidda class Attack Cruiser
- Kargash class Light Cruiser
- Shibash class CL
- Shaskis class ECV
- Shamshir class Destroyer Escort
- Zirukaruna class Battleship
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
This navy primarily operates in the following areas:
- Ziru Sirka (Anglic: Ziru Sirka)
World Listing: 1105
Notes On Worlds
This navy is primarily known to operate out of the following locations:
- Vland (system)
- Vland (world): This is the homeworld of the Vilani branch of Humaniti, a Major Race, capital of the Ziru Sirka (Anglic: Ziru Sirka), and main headquarters of the Aasha Ziru Sirka (Anglic: Aasha Ziru Sirka).
- Luukad (world) is the outermost world in the Vland (system). Beneath its dense methane atmosphere lie the majority of in-system naval facilities, including a capable shipyard. Despite Luukad's hostile environment, over three million people make their homes there.
- Agidda (world): Agidda (world) has been the site of several important battles for the Aasha Ziru Sirka. The mainworld orbits the star Ross 154.
- During the Second Interstellar War between the Terran Confederation and the Aasha Ziru Sirka of the First Imperium, the Battle of Agidda (-2397) was the first main-fleet engagement involving large ships on both sides, the Aasha Ziru Sirka and the Terran Navy. It left both fleets unable to press the attack, but the Terrans can be considered the victors. They retained control of Agidda (world) and soon established a base there.
- During the Third Interstellar War the Second Battle of Agidda in -2372 was a decisive victory for the Aasha Ziru Sirka.
- Dingir (world) has been a provincial capital, and Aasha Ziru Sirka (Anglic: Aasha Ziru Sirka) base and Eshimaar (Anglic: Eshimaar) for the Ziru Sirka (Anglic: Ziru Sirka).
- Nusku (SR 1822) (world):
- The mainworld of Nusku (SR 1822) (world) orbits the star 61 Cygni A. The companion star, 61 Cygni B, is called Anlagar (Anglic: Anlagar) by the Vilani, and is visible from the surface of Nusku (SR 1822) (world) even during the daytime.
- Nusku (SR 1822) (world) was a strategic target for both the Terran forces and the Aasha Ziru Sirka throughout the Interstellar Wars. It changed hands three times: conquered by the Terrans in the Third Interstellar War, it was recaptured by the Aasha Ziru Sirka in the Fourth Interstellar War, and recaptured for good by the Confederation in the Fifth Interstellar War.
- Shulgiasu (world):
- Shulgiasu (world) was settled during the Ziru Sirka (Anglic: Ziru Sirka), when it was the sector capital, the most densely populated Human world of the sector, and the center of Vilani culture on the Solomani Rim. It served as the main naval base and Eshimaar (Anglic: Eshimaar) of the Aasha Ziru Sirka (Anglic: Aasha Ziru Sirka) for the Ninth Interstellar War. Terran immigration was significant after the Ninth Interstellar War, but the Vilani population was never completely assimilated. Vilani language and culture remain important on Shulgiasu (world) even today.
|This article has Metadata|
- Board game: Imperium
- GURPS Traveller: Interstellar Wars
- EXTERNAL LINK: tempestsinateapot.blogspot.com/2014/02/ziru-sirka-battleship.html
- Author & Contributor: FarScout275
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science