68 Orionis (world)
|68 Orionis/68 Orionis (Mintaka 1417)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
68 Orionis is a high-population ring of many small worldlets (planetoids AKA an "asteroid belt"), not capable of retaining an atmosphere or water, and are both non-agricultural and industrial in nature with a billion or more sophonts in population size.
- These worldlets warrant hazardous environment precautions.
- Life in a vacuum requires great discipline. After all, it only takes one forgotten seal on a vacuum suit to spell death. Those who survive tend to be very methodically-minded and attentive to small detail.
- As a group of industrial worldlets, well-developed manufacturing and processing sectors are major business here. Manufactured goods are a major export item.
- The worldlets are, for the most part, unable to produce quality foodstuffs and must import them.
- The world serves as the subsector capital with the significant extra trade and prestige associated with that role.
- This a "high technology" world with technology achievements at, near, or over technology standards for Charted Space.
- It is a Non-Aligned world dominated by human sophonts located in the 68 Orionis Subsector of Mintaka Sector.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
No information yet available.
History & Background (Dossier)
68 Orionis is a world in Mintaka Sector.
- It is the capital of 68 Orionis Subsector.
- It is one of two "Major Orion Worlds" in the sector, the other being Mintaka (Mintaka 1502).