|Zaankhid/Khandi (Dagudashaag 2111)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
|Primary||M1 V M3 V|
Zaankhid is a nonindustrial vacuum world, which warrants hazardous environment precautions.
- Life in a vacuum requires great discipline. After all, it only takes one forgotten seal on a vacuum suit to spell death. Those who survive tend to be very methodically-minded and attentive to small detail.
- As a nonindustrial world, it requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society. The need to import most manufactured and high technology goods drives the price of these goods up in the open market.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Khandi Subsector of Dagudashaag Sector in the Domain of Vland.
- This world has a nearby Imperial Naval Base, capable of handling warships.
No information yet available.
Binary Solar System
Zaankhid Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Zaankhid Primary Primary Red M1 V Zaankhid Companion Secondary Red M3 V
Zaankhid houses the subsector's main naval base.
- It a training and reserve center, keeping many mothballed vessels on Tanner-IX, the outermost moon of the system's only gas giant.
- The main naval base is on Jenner, the sixth moon of Tanner.
History & Background (Dossier)
There are a small number of prospectors working the asteroid belt mid-system. Many naval personnel can be found here on leave taking in some entertainment at one of the small, independent space ports. Even through the civilian population within Zaankhid is small, the presence of the Navy has ensured good supplies of the necessities, and even cheap second-hand naval equipment.