Universal World Profile
- In some older, early Imperial circles, it has been known as the UPP or Universal Planetary Profile.
- Observing Charted Space
- Universal World Profile (UWP)
- PBG Sequence
- COG Sequence
- Other System Data
The below table shows typical astrography and UWP data for a world:
|UWP Typical Format under T5SS|
|Name||Hex||Physical Stats||Base Code/s||Trade Classifications||Extended Stats||Allegiance Code|
|Roup||0407||C77A9A9-6||S||Hi In Wa||A323||Im or ImDa (2 or 4 digit)|
Thus the planet Roup is located in hex 0407 in the sector, it has physical stats of C77A9A9-6, a base code of S(cout) and has trade classification of "Hi In Wa", the extended data is A323, and has allegiance to the Im(perium).
The extended stats include:
Basic UWP Stats
Physical Stats (...the entire sequence):
SAH Sequence (planetology):
PGL Sequence (socioeconomics):
UWP Format Dictionary # Category Explanation Remarks 1. Starport A Starport is an establishment for the landing, servicing, refueling, launching, and control of starships. Stand-alone qualifier. 2. Size Worlds are classified according to their physical size (Planetary Size). Part of SAH sequence. 3. Atmosphere The Atmosphere code is a UWP code to represent the breathing environment encountered on the world. Part of SAH sequence. 4. Hydrographics The Hydrosphere represents (Hydrographics) or the liquid content of a world, usually water on a conventional life-supporting world (planet). Part of SAH sequence. 5. Population The Population UWP code is an indicator of the world's population of Sophonts. Part of PGL sequence. 6. Government Government is the method by which a subplanetary (...smaller than a world), planetary (world), or interstellar (multi-system) state or community, leads (governs) itself.
- Standard UWP codes exist to explain most of the most common government types.
- The study of governments, governance, and other related subjects is known as political science, a type of social science.
Part of PGL sequence. 7. Law level Law Level is an indication of the relative oppressiveness of the world (planet) of whom the law serves more: the inhabitants (...and visitors) [distributed power] or the government and politicians of a planet (...or polity) [centralized power]. Part of PGL sequence. 8. Tech level Technology Level or Tech Level, commonly abbreviated TL, is a measure of technological capability. Stand-alone qualifier.
Extended UWP Stats
The Expanded UWP Stats for a system may include:
COG Sequence (habitability):
Other System Data
- Allegiance Code (AC)
- Base Code (BC)
- Cultural Extension (Cx)
- Economic Extension (Ex)
- Gas Giant/s (G)
- Importance Extension (Ix)
- Belt/s (B)
- Population Multiplier (P)
- Trade Classification (TC)
- Travel Zone
History & Background (Dossier)
Systems information is also available as full astrographic charts (holocrystal), or the summarized Extended System Profile which does not have projected orbital postions, navigational and approach codes and frequencies.
- Stars are notated with a type and intensity: e.g. M5 V
- M5 is a red giant star
- V is the intensity or brightness.
- Systems without gas giants may become important defensive positions for interstellar navies.
- Two codes, SGG and LGG, are in common use by everyday starfarers, although scientists and astrographers often use far more complex codes.
UWP System Format Non-Mainworld Code Expanded Remarks LGG Large Gas Giant Not for mainworlds. SGG Small Gas Giant Not for mainworlds.
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Marc Miller. Worlds and Adventures (Game Designers Workshop, 1977), TBD.
- Gary L. Thomas. Grand Census (Digest Group Publications, 1987), TBD.
- Joe Fugate. Grand Survey (Digest Group Publications, 1986), TBD.
- Marc Miller. Referee's Manual (Game Designers Workshop, 1987), TBD.
- Joe Fugate, J. Andrew Keith, Gary L. Thomas. World Builder's Handbook (Digest Group Publications, 1989), TBD.
- Terrance McInnes, Dave Nilsen. World Tamer's Handbook (Game Designers Workshop, 1994), TBD.
- Frank Chadwick, Dave Nilsen. Traveller: The New Era (Game Designers Workshop, 1993), TBD. (pg. 180)
- Paul Elliott. The Universal World Profile (Zozer Games, 2016), TBD.
- Marc Miller. T5 Core Rules (Far Future Enterprises, 2013), TBD.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science