Traveller 5th or T5 is version five of the Traveller rules by FFE's counting.
- Please also see Versions of Traveller.
Marc Miller had several fresh ideas for the new version and included the following features:
- "Life Pursuits" as a mechanism for gaining skill in a particular field, post-career.
- Character generation preserves the Traveller life path feel, and fully accommodates nonhuman characters.
- Materials technology and weapon design is based on data from earlier Traveller rulesets, but with less complexity than TNE/T4.
- Power supplies are more like MT's than CT's or T4's.
- Bits of CT and FFS2 are in starship design, which also takes a page from MT and extends down into smallcraft and vehicles. It's easier to build a small starship in T5 than Classic Traveller's High Guard, Traveller The New Era's Fire, Fusion, & Steel, or T4's Quick Ship Design System (QSDS), but more involved than Classic Traveller's Book 2 (Starships).
- The TL range is similar to MT.
- TNE's concept of Maintenance Points is evolved into a way to appraise equipment quality in general.
- A description-based equipment design system allows things from other rulesets to be easily imported into T5 for use.
No information yet available.
Popular Artists & Authors
- Rob Eaglestone
- Craig A Glesner
- Andrew Hartman
- Gregory P. Lee
- Don McKinney
- Marc Miller
- Large playtesting team
World-building & Colonization
- World Displays (1981), by Ad Astra Products, which provided subsector and world record forms.
- Grand Survey (1986), by Digest Group Publications, which detailed the Imperial Interstellar Scout Service and the Grand Surveys, which allowed detailed physical characteristics and an accurate map of the world. Grand Survey called the UWP, the UPP or Universal Planetary Profile.
- Grand Census (1987), by Digest Group Publications, which detailed world cultural characteristics, including details of the social structures, government institutions, languages, and technology of the UWP.
- World Builder's Handbook (1989), by Digest Group Publications, which detailed how Imperial Scouts survey and explore new worlds including colonization and world mapping techniques.
- World Tamer's Handbook (1994), by Game Designers' Workshop, which brought even more detail to the survey and colonization processes.
- Traveller 5th (2013), by Far Future Enterprises, which further continues the UWP legacy with many new features.
History & Background (Dossier)
No information yet available.
Meta-history & Background
Marc Miller released a T5 draft as a CDROM in November 2008. He has also stated that he will direct it very closely and not trust others with production so much as before (T4).
- In June 2012, Marc ran a successful Kickstarter campaign to fund the printing of a hardcover edition of the rules. These were published in March of 2013.
- Please see T-5 Progress Report for more information.
- Please see Far Future Enterprises for more information.
Bibliography-Ludography (Published Products)
This edition is best known for the following products:
- EXTERNAL LINK: Far Future home page (Where you can purchase T5)
- EXTERNAL LINK: Traveller 5th home page
- EXTERNAL LINK: Kickstarter T5 Page
References & Contributions (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|