- It is a kind of Ship Equipment.
- Different kinds of turrets are typically emplaced on a hardpoint mounting.
- And weaponry is typically emplaced within turrets, which are in turn located on a hardpoint mounting.
- Heavy Weaponry / Ship Weapons
Selected Hardpoint Equipment
Some of the most commonly employed hardpoint equipment includes:
- Beam Laser  B (beam laser) 
- Missile Rack  M (missile launcher) 
- Pulse Laser  P (pulse laser) 
- Sandcaster  S (sandcaster) 
This equipment is typically mounted in a Ship’s Turret.
The first ship’s, generally spaceships, created in the TL:7-9 epoch largely carried custom-mounted, mission-specific equipment in fixed mounts. As a true intrasystem and later interstellar economy grew, the need for flexible ships, equipment, and ease of construction and maintenance led to various kinds of standardized hardpoints being developed. These were accompanied by semi-standardized, yet customizable, jump drives, maneuver drives, ship’s computers, and other equipment. This approach to manufacturing made ship maintenance and servicing far less complex. Most shipwrights use standardized components, and standardized ship designs as much as possible. There is an economy of scale involved with these design philosophies.