This is a world-system under construction and is currently being input-programmed into the Traveller RPG Wiki.
|Rosamin/Arodir (Far Home 1809)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
- As an agricultural world, this world is a near-ideal environment for producing quality foodstuffs of plant, animal, and other forms. Quality foodstuffs are a major export commodity for this world.
- It requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society. Having to import most manufactured and high tech goods drives the price up for these items at this world. However, a rich world like this one can afford the cost of importation.
- This is a rich world with a prosperous and thriving world economy.
- Its economy and population are growing and living conditions are expected to incrementally rise barring outside forces. The world will grow even quicker when its industrial sector begins to develop.
- This a "low technology" world with technology competency well below technology standards for Charted Space.
- This is a temperate world, with a climate of pleasant, average temperatures, considered to be an ideal or near-ideal environment by many different sophont species.
- It is a Non-Aligned world dominated by human sophonts located in the Arodir Subsector of Far Home Sector.
- Rosamin is a Voluntarily Regressive World
- 1 Astrography and Planetology
- 2 History & Background (Dossier)
- 3 References & Contributors / Sources
Astrography and Planetology
Rosamin Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Rosamin Primary Yellow G3 V
The primary is Palidor, an ordinary yellow main sequence star. It has a luminosity of 0.886 Sols, a mass of 0.98 Sols, and a diameter of 1.391 million km. The inner system consists of (II-I) a trace atmosphere worldlet, and (II-II) an exotic atmosphere stormworld – orbital position (I) is empty. (III) Rosamin orbits within the habitable zone and is designated the mainworld. (IV) a very thin atmosphere hospitable world, (V) a small gas giant, (VI) a sparse stony planetoid belt, (VII-I) a large gas giant, (VII-II) a ringed large gas giant, and (VIII) a small ice giant form the outer system. Many of the worlds retain satellites.
(III) Rosamin is designated the mainworld. It orbits Palidor at a mean distance of 0.83 AU (124.2 million km), within the habitable zone. It has an orbital period of 279 days 0 hours and a rotation period of 21 hours. The axial tilt is 22 degrees. Rosamin has a diameter of 12,775 km, a density of 5.62 g/cm³, and a surface gravity of 1.02 G. The world is geologically active. Its atmosphere is rated as Dense, with a mean surface pressure of 1.62 bar and a composition of 80% nitrogen (N2), 19% oxygen (O2), and 1% argon (Ar), water vapor (H2O), carbon dioxide (CO2), ozone (O3), neon (Ne) and other trace gases. Approximately 73% of the surface is covered in oceans of liquid water: average tidal ranges exceed 0.3m. Mean surface temperature: 19°C. The climate is rated as Temperate-Prime and experiences moderate seasonal changes during the local year. The atmosphere is active and moderate weather systems driven by the star and the oceans sweep across the globe.
- (IIIa) Marad (UWP YS00000-0, orbiting at 6 Diameters/75,000 km)
- (IIIb) Cherish (UWP Y323000-0, orbiting at 30 Diameters/385,000 km)
Mainworld Geography and Topography
Total surface area: 513 million km², Water surface area: 374 million km², Land surface area: 139 million km². Two large continents (Seemu and Solu, dominating the southern hemisphere), and various subcontinental landmasses, large islands and chains of archipelagos.
Rosamin, the mainworld, has extensive, abundant native life, with complex organisms inhabiting every ecological niche. Flora is abundant: foliage is generally long and conical and is primarily green in color. Their metabolic functions drive the process of atmospheric renewal. Fauna follows a wide variety of body patterns but the prevalent form is Bilateral HS-TB-LN-LL-N, with cartilage interiors, ichor fluids and leathery exteriors. Most native organisms have a bland flavor and a gritty texture and can be digested by humans after basic processing (cooking).
- Cherish, Rosamin's temperate marginally hospitable moon has primitive native life, consisting almost entirely of microscopic cyanobacteria-parallels that exist in most ecological niches. Their metabolic functions maintain the process of atmospheric renewal.
The cold marginally hospitable world lying in orbital position (IV) (within the H+ region of the outer system) has primitive native life, consisting entirely of microscopic cyanobacteria-parallels that exist in any location where they can find even a minimal trace of shelter and warmth. Their metabolic functions maintain the process of atmospheric renewal.
History & Background (Dossier)
A pleasant garden world with a rich and complex ecology.
Rosamin has a routine quality starport.
- A Class C Starport Facility has minimal if any shipyards and can only perform extremely limited repair work.
- This facility has many very skilled personnel who can perform surprisingly sophisticated repair work despite the limited facilities.
- This facility has refueling infrastructure and limited refining capabilities. One may purchase unrefined fuel here.
- Starports of this class rarely have both a Lowport and a Highport.
World technology level
- Common Communication technologies for this TL include: Telephone and telegraphs, widespread printing.
- Common Power Generation technologies for this TL include: Early electricity, hydrocarbon internal combustion.
- Common Transportation technologies for this TL include:
All of the nations on Rosamin enforce the technological ceiling. Possession of advanced technology without appropriate licenses and permits carries legal penalties.
Rosamin has a Balkanized Government.
- No central ruling authority exists. Rival governments compete for control.
- The typical power source of this government is a Balkanization.
- The typical power structure of this government is a Confederation (Anarchy).
Four major nation-states, consisting of two representative democracies (Calornia and Lisand), a self-perpetuating oligarchy (the Kingdom of Zumin) and a civil service bureaucracy (the Republic of Ansibar). Each nation is centered on a large island and lays claim to extensive maritime territories. The nations are economic rivals and seek to outdo one another in terms of standards of living, quality of infrastructure and architectural beauty, but cooperate closely on matters such as defense and the ecology.
Approximately 250,000 personnel in total. Each nation-state on Rosamin maintains its own professional standing army and maritime navy. Forces are generally equipped to TL 4 standards, with extremely good training. All of the nations on Rosamin contribute personnel to the Rosamin Significant Threat Brigade, an elite force trained on Dhon and equipped to TL 9 standards (including armored grav vehicles).
- Resources: D (Very abundant)
- Labor: 8 (Hundreds of millions)
- Infrastructure: D (Comprehensive)
- Efficiency: +4 (Advanced)
Agriproduce, processed foodstuffs, manufactured goods, unique items, low tech items. Trading in advanced technology is illegal and carries penalties including confiscation of goods, fines and imprisonment: despite that, there is great demand for items such as 3V entertainment systems and similar luxuries.
- Humaniti (Human races)
- Native Non-Human Races:
- Hoppers: 270,000 (4% of the population), concentrated within hives in human communities.
The major cities are Pell, Londim, Partos and Esk, each located on large subtropical islands lying in the northern hemisphere. They are surrounded by scattered agricultural and fishing communities.
- Homogeneity: C (Fragmented)
- Acceptance: D (Very Xenophilic)
- Strangeness: 8 (Very confusing)
- Symbols: D (Very abstract)
No information yet available.
No information yet available.
No information yet available.
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|