Please see the following AAB articles for more information:
- Education in Charted Space
Psionics Institute is a generic name; each such institution was independently organized and maintained.
- Institutes were generally supported by that portion of the population which had psionic talents.
- Since that portion was small, they were viable only on high population worlds (...approximately one billion or more).
History & Background (Dossier)
Organizations of this nature have existed since before the advent of space travel, but attained prominence only during the Long Night, when reproducible scientific discoveries made psionics a teachable, learnable science.
- In the Imperial Antebellum period, psionics institutes were rare, being formed only on a few scattered worlds which, for one reason or another, had an unusually high rate of psionic talents appearing, or which encouraged Psionics for social, political, or commercial reasons.
- In the years after the Civil War, institutes were organized on most high population worlds within the Imperium.
- During the Psionics Suppressions, the institutes' charters were revoked, and talented individuals were persecuted.
- In some cases, the individuals fled to assume new identities on other worlds; in others, whole families emigrated to the Zhodani Consulate or to other places beyond the frontiers of the Imperium.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
Following the Psionics Suppressions, there were theoretically no psionics institutes remaining in the Third Imperium.
- In practice, underground institutes remained on many worlds.
World Listing: 1116
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article has a secret.|
- Classic Traveller Adventure 1 The Kinunir
- Classic Traveller Supplement 11 Library Data (N-Z)
- Classic Traveller The Traveller Adventure
- Marc Miller's Traveller Psionic Institutes
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science