Paraterraforming was a Terran colonization technique used to settle inhospitable vacuum worlds.
- Some call such terraformed worlds "Tent Worlds".
Paraterraforming involved covering the entire surface of a small barren moon or large planetoid with a pressurized habitat.
- These worlds then served as the capital of a self-sustaining system-wide industrial civilization.
- Oxygen, water, nitrogen and other volatiles were mined from lunar regolith, frozen asteroids and gas giant moons.
- Individual domed habitats were gradually built as population expanded and finally linked into a single world-city with a living area comparable to a larger terrestrial planet.
- Fusion reactors provided heat and light.
- Giant greenhouses and fish farms fed the growing population.
- When the domed habitats covered enough of the small moon or planetoid they were often roofed over and given an atmosphere, using a transparent membrane supported by air pressure and pillars.
History & Background (Dossier)
- Paraterraforming was significantly refined in Alpha Crucis Sector during the late Terran Confederation period, and was designed to sate Terra's desire to expand its population to other worlds.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
These worlds are most commonly found within the:
World Listing: 1105
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Mongoose Traveller: Solomani
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science