From Traveller Wiki - Science-Fiction Adventure in the Far future
Revision as of 08:05, 5 August 2019 by Maksim-Smelchak
- It is the opposite of FTL: Faster Than Light
- It is a term used in space and starflight to contrast with the standard FTL-Drive in use throughout Charted Space, the Jump drive.
- Speed of Travel
This equals Spacefaring (System Spaceflight... may have STL starflight or interstellar NAFAL travel)
- While NAFAL is sometimes used as general term for STL interstellar drives, it more properly denotes a particular type of gravitic-based long-range/long endurance propulsion system.
- Relativistic Travel
NAFAL drives are slow compared to FTL drives. They are relativistic and cannot exceed the light speed limits.
- White Dwarf Issue 32 by: Marcus L. Rowland in Article: "STL: Slower than Light Ships"
- T5 Core Rules
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: WHULorigan
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science