Medal for Conspicuous Gallantry
The Medal for Conspicuous Gallantry (MCG) is the Imperium's second highest valor award, ranking above the Medal for Meritorious Conduct Under Fire, but below the Starburst for Extreme Heroism. It is given for outstanding acts of bravery on the battlefield.
|Medal for Conspicuous Gallantry||MCG||Heroism.||None.|
The medal is a metal hexagon suspended from a cloth ribbon. On the obverse (front) is an engraved depiction of Diirdi Khirashkur, a legendary Vilani folk hero who defeated an army through skill and trickery. On the edge are the words: "For Gallantry". On the reverse is inscribed the name of the recipient.
It comes in three classes.
- Third Class is suspended from a blue cloth ribbon, and is given for the first through fifth receipts.
- Second Class is suspended from a red cloth ribbon, and is given for the sixth through tenth receipts.
- First Class is suspended from a red & black cloth ribbon, and is given for eleventh and additional receipts.
Additional awards are signified by a metal numeral pin worn on the ribbon to indicate the number of awards.
History & Background (Dossier)
No information yet available.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Frank Chadwick. Mercenary (Game Designers Workshop, 1978), 4,10.
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), TBD.
- Marc Miller. Players' Manual (Game Designers Workshop, 1987), 48,49,53.
- Douglas E. Berry. Ground Forces (Steve Jackson Games, 2000), 52-53.
- Marc Miller. T5 Core Rules (Far Future Enterprises, 2013), 48,71.
- Peter Gray - Traveller TNE Mailing List in Article: Deneb Sector Library Data: Miscellaneous Background published 20 June 2001
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science