Medal for Conspicuous Gallantry
The Medal for Conspicuous Gallantry (MCG) is the Imperium's second highest valor award, ranking above the Medal for Meritorious Conduct Under Fire, but below the Starburst for Extreme Heroism. It is given for outstanding acts of bravery on the battlefield.
The medal is a metal hexagon suspended from a red cloth ribbon. On the obverse (front) is an engraved depiction of Diirdi Khirashkur, a legendary Vilani folk hero who defeated an army through skill and trickery. On the edge are the words: "For Gallantry". On the reverse is inscribed the name of the recipient.
It comes in three classes.
- Third Class is given for the first through fifth receipts.
- Second Class is given for the sixth through tenth receipts.
- First Class is given for eleventh and additional receipts.
History & Background (Dossier)
No information yet available.
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Bryan Steele. Mercenary (Mongoose Publishing, 2008), 4,10.Frank Chadwick. Mercenary (Game Designers Workshop, 1978), 4,10.
- Marc Miller. Players' Manual (Game Designers Workshop, 1987), 48,49,53.
- Douglas E. Berry. Ground Forces (Steve Jackson Games, 2000), 52-53.
- Marc Miller. T5 Core Rules (Far Future Enterprises, 2013), 48,71.
- Peter Gray - Traveller TNE Mailing List Deneb Sector Library Data: Miscellaneous Background published 20 June 2001