This is a world-system under construction and is currently being input-programmed into the Traveller RPG Wiki.
|Lurammish/Caledon (Reaver's Deep 2320)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
|Primary||F6 V M5 V|
Lurammish is an icy, non-agricultural and preindustrial world, whose surface is ice-capped and with nearly all of its water frozen.
- It is unable to produce quality foodstuffs and must import them.
- It is a world working toward being an industrial powerhouse but lacks an adequate workforce to do so. It must now import many of its manufactured and high tech goods.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Caledon Subsector of Reaver's Deep Sector in the Domain of Ilelish.
- This world contains an Imperial Scout Base, capable of handling IISS starships and personnel.
- 1 Description / Astrography & Planetology
- 2 History & Background (Dossier)
- 3 References & Contributors (Sources)
Description / Astrography & Planetology
Binary Solar System
Lurammish Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Lurammish Primary Primary Yellow-White F6 V "Gurumashi" Lurammish Companion Secondary Red M5 V "Mashakim"
Primary: Close binary system. Gurumashi, spectral class M3III. ICN S4G0710M3III. Mass, 6.96 standard. Stellar diameter, 162 standard. Luminosity, 1556 standard. Mashakim, spectral class M0V. ICN S4G0710M0V Mass, 0.489 standard. Stellar diameter, 0.549 standard. Luminosity 0.04 standard.
Planetary System: Eleven major bodies. One inhabited world (Lurammish, IX). No gas giants in system. No planetoid belt in system.
IX Lurammish: Mean orbital radius 7629.6 million kilometers (51 AU). Period, 48,742.6 days (133.45 standard years). One satellites. Diameter, 9309 kilometers. Density, 1.04 standard. Mass, 0.254 standard. Mean surface gravity, 65 G. Rotation period: 25 hours, 10 minutes, 53 seconds. Axial inclination, 3°23'10.2". Albedo, 0.23. Surface atmospheric pressure, 0.08 atm. Composition, carbon dioxide-nitrogen mix. Oxygen supply and pressure gear required outside colony complex. Hydrographic percentage, 25%; composition, water-ice. Mean surface temperature, -20°C.
Remarks: Lurammish is an unattractive world orbiting a class M subgiant (and a smaller companion) at a distance of over 7 billion kilometers. It is an unpleasant place, with a trace atmosphere and an unpleasantly cold surface temperature. Nonetheless, it supports a sizable colony. Originally Lurammish was a rather small mining community, but it has grown over the four centuries since it was settled to become a substantial frontier settlement.
The reason for the success of the colony is the presence of large lanthanum deposits. The abundance of lanthanum ore on Lurammish has made the colony wealthy.
Lurammish has a pressure of less than 0.1 atmospheres, which requires the use of a vacc suit.
- A Trace Atmosphere requires a vacc suit.
- TL-8 or more advanced survival gear is required to settle this world.
Mainworld Geography & Topography
No information yet available.
No information yet available.
No information yet available.
Point of Interest: Lurammish Arcologies
The Lurammish colony is concentrated in a cluster of large arcologies, huge buildings housing over half a million people each. For the hostile environment of the world, the arcologies are a logical solution to problems of life support, housing, and similar considerations.
- Each arcology is individually ruled through a caste hierarchy of technicians and administrators, with a network of duties and obligations reminiscent of feudal ties of fealty.
- The overall world government is conducted by a grand council representing each individual arcology in an essentially democratic form of government, but the grand council makes decisions only when the outcomes are to effect more than one community.
History & Background (Dossier)
Up until recently, all mining on Lurammish was conducted by locals and exported; within the past decade however, Ling-Standard Products has begun exerting pressure to operate lanthanum mines independently, a move which threatens the planetary economy. In response to protests and cross-claims of sabotage and harassment, the IISS Scout Base recently underwent expansion to provide barracks for a battalion of Marine peacekeepers. This seems to have diluted, at least temporarily, the buildup of tension.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- J. Andrew Keith. Far Traveller 1 (FASA, 1982), TBD.
- Dale Kemper. Far Traveller 2 (FASA, 1983), TBD.
- Jim Cunningham, John Harshman, J. Andrew Keith, Marc W. Miller, Gordon Sheridan. Atlas of the Imperium (Game Designers Workshop, 1984), TBD.
- J. Andrew Keith, Marc Miller, John Harshman. Aslan (Game Designers Workshop, 1984), TBD. (named but no further data)
- William H. Keith, Jr.. Duneraiders (Gamelords, 1984), TBD.
- J. Andrew Keith. Ascent to Anekthor (Gamelords, 1984), TBD.
- J. Andrew Keith. Pilot's Guide to the Drexilthar Subsector (Gamelords, 1984), TBD. (data-generated)
- J. Andrew Keith. Escape (Marischal Adventures, 1987), TBD.
- Gary L. Thomas. The Travellers' Digest 16 (Digest Group Publications, 1989), TBD.
- James Holden, Joe D. Fugate Sr., Terrance McInnes. Vilani & Vargr (Digest Group Publications, 1990), TBD. (dot map provided)
- Peter G. Celella, James Holden. Solomani & Aslan (Digest Group Publications, 1991), TBD. (dot map provided)
- Loren Wiseman. Challenge 54 (Game Designers' Workshop, 1991), 20.
- Kevin Knight. "Pilot's Guide to the Caledon Subsector." Traveller Chronicle 05 (1994): TBD.
- Kevin Knight. Traveller Chronicle 06 (Sword of the Knight Publications, 1994), TBD.
- Kevin Knight. "A Pilot's Guide to the Caledon Subsector." Traveller Chronicle 07 (1995): TBD.
- William H. Keith Jr., J. Andrew Keith. Scam (Cargonaut Press, 1998), TBD.
- Paul Sanders, J. Andrew Keith. Reaver's Deep Sector Sourcebook (Cargonaut Press, 1998), TBD.
- Steve Jackson, Loren Wiseman. Alien Races 4 (Steve Jackson Games, 2001), TBD.
- Brett Kruger. Into the Deep 4 (BKP, 2011), TBD.
- EXTERNAL LINK: Into the Deep #1 Link
- EXTERNAL LINK: Archive.org RingSurf Reavers' Deep Net Ring by Author & Contributor: Keven R. Pittsinger of the RingSurf Reavers' Deep Net Ring
- EXTERNAL LINK: Caledon Subsector - Jimmy Simpson
- EXTERNAL LINK: Non-Canon Traveller Library (defunct)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Mitchberg
- Author & Contributor: IISS Junior Administrator and Master Astrographer Ensign Phillips
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science