- It is part of Charted Space.
|Katowice Conquest||Pre-Imperial||KatCon||No standard code||None|
|Katowice Conquest||1st Survey (300)||Kc||2-ltr code||None|
|Katowice Conquest||2nd Survey (1065)||KaCo||4-ltr code||None|
The Katowice Conquest is a Pocket Empire.
The Katowice Conquest was established on 2014 Katowice (A8A7868-B) in 280 when a group of ambitious naval commanders from the Old Worlds navy broke away with a few squadrons of ships. Due to internal political struggles between governmental factions within the Old Worlds, it was determined to be too costly to try and reintegrate the rebels. Basically unopposed against a series of more primitive, unaligned worlds the former Old Worlds fleet and its advanced marine divisions captured and now control several planets in the Old Worlds Subsector of the Crucis Margin Sector.
Technology & Trade
Over the years the technology level for the Katowice Conquest dropped below that of their former home.
Military & Intelligence
A handful of relic TL–14 designs are all that remained. These are difficult to maintain with the TL–11 facilities available. The newer designs are simpler and less sophisticated, and as a result less capable. A standing force of 60,000 troops garrison the capital and a fleet of half a million tons stands watch from the pocket empire's single Naval Base. According to the historical archives the zone was established using an interesting mix of vessels. The major naval combatants are listed below dating from the establishment of the zone. By the current era the last relics had to be decommissioned so that the balance of the current naval forces are military scouts and merchants pressed into support and logistical roles.
- Biskra class Regimental Assault Cruiser
- Dominion class Troop Transport
- Fulcrum class Battlecruiser
- Ghost class Frigate
- Rambler class Strike Cruiser
- Ranger class Escort Carrier
- Sargon class Close Escort
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
World Listing: 1105
References & Contributors
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Dave Sering. Crucis Margin (Judges Guild, 1981), TBD.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science