- 1 Imperial Bureaucracy (Institution) Synopsis
- 2 Imperial Bureaucracy (Institution) Description
- 3 Imperial Bureaucracy (Institution) History & Background
- 4 Imperial Bureaucracy (Institution) Organization
- 5 Imperial Bureaucracy (Institution) Reference
Imperial Bureaucracy (Institution) Synopsis
The Imperial Bureaucracy of the Third Imperium is the group of governing bodies that administers to the needs of the Imperium and is divided into three parts:
- Civil Ministries of the Imperium
- Defense Ministry of the Imperium
- Offices of the Emperor
Imperial Bureaucracy (Institution) Description
The largest part are the ministries which support the inner workings of the Imperium and are overseen by High nobles. The second part is the Ministry of Defense which oversees, and run by, the Imperial armed forces. The third part are the various Imperial offices, which report directly to the Emperor.
Imperial Bureaucracy (Institution) History & Background
When Cleon founded the Imperium, there were five bureaucratic agencies. Over the years these agencies grew, split, intermingled and rejoined.
Imperial Bureaucracy (Institution) Organization
The three primary groupings of the Imperial Bureaucracy each perform specialized tasks:
- Civil Ministries of the Imperium (Administrative needs such as justice, commerce, communication, science, etc.)
- Defense Ministry of the Imperium (Military needs such as defense of the realm and maintenance of the starways)
- Offices of the Emperor (Needs of the Emperor such as security, ceremonial functions, lodgings, travel, etc.)
Civil Ministries of the Imperium
The ministries are overseen by the Imperial Nobility, it is the duty of the High nobility to serve as the minister and director of each of the ministries within their demese.
The ministries within the Imperium are:
State & Justice Ministries:
- Ministry of Colonization: Selects worlds for colonization and expansion of the Imperium.
- Ministry of Justice: Exercises authority over violations of Imperial law.
- Ministry of Legislation: Imperial Moot.
- Ministry of State: Maintains diplomatic relations and executive functions.
Commerce & Communications Ministries:
- Ministry of Commerce: Responsible for maintaining trade and commerce.
- Imperial Shipping Commission
- Trading Standards Bureau
- Imperial Treasury
- Ministry of Information and Communication: Responsible for communications, exploration, records, and education.
- Imperial Archives (Records & History)
- (Imperial Interstellar Scout Service) IISS (Exploration, Astrography, Intelligence, Express Boat Network, etc.)
- Imperial Office of Education: Maintains Educational Institutes, the Imperial Interstellar Library ("The Encyclopedia"), and (Regulation & Prevention of Psionics).
Science & Technologies Ministries:
- Ministry of Conservation: Oversees the preservation of nonrenewable resources.
- Ministry of Science: Overseas scientific research and the establishment of measurement standards.
- Ministry of Technology: Oversees research stations and technology advancement.
Defense Ministry of the Imperium
The Minister is in charge of advising the Emperor on military affairs, evaluaing the general state of the Imperial military, and supervising long-term military planning, research and development. The Minister of Defense is appointed by the Emperor and reports directly to him.
- Imperial High Command (Office of the Unified Armies of the Imperium): The Imperial High Command, consisting of the First Lord of the Admiralty and the Lord Marshal of the Unified Armies, also report directly to the Emperor. The role of the High Command is to set military policy and perform stratigic planning.
- Office of the Administration
- Office of the Commando (Special Forces)
- Office of Communications (News & Public Relations)
- Admiralty (Office of the Navy): The Naval office of the Ministry of Defense, also know as the Admiralty, is in charge of the Imperial Navy. The Naval office is run by the First Lord of the Admiralty, who heads the Board of the Admiralty.
- Unified Armies Command (Office of the Army): The Lord Marshal of the Unified Armies along with the General Staff of the Unified Armies manages the Imperial Army.
Offices of the Emperor
These offices are part of the Emperors staff and oversee various aspects of the Imperium that do not belong to other ministries.
Primary Service Offices:
- Office of the Emperor: The personal staff to the Emperor and members of the Imperial family.
- Imperial Guard
- Office of News and Public Relations: The propaganda arm of the Imperial government.
- Office of the Palace: The staff who runs the Imperial Palace.
- Reservations Office: Manages the Emperor's holdings outside of the Imperial palace.
- Office of Security: Provides the security to the Emperor, the Imperial family, and the Place.
- Office of Transportation: Manages the spacecraft and other transport systems available to the Emperor and Nobility.
Secondary Service Offices:
- Ancients Foundation: Concerned with the Imperial knowledge of the Ancients.
- Office of Calendar Compliance: Maintains the uniform use and standards for time and other measurements.