Forum:Astrography - Mains... and such
I am in the process of trying to map out some of the Mains within Charted Space, and I have several questions...Bear with me….
I might point out, Steve, that there is a lot of overlap in routes. That's ok. Just be aware that some routes might have multiple different names to different cultures and races. Just the usual Trav chaos.
- Yes, I have noted that already. Having said that and looking at the great amount of data that has already been generated within published data and my own efforts there will certainly be a great amount of overlap. 09:02, 2 February 2018 (EST)
Thanks. Great job.
- - 10:02, 2 February 2018 (EST)
- 25+ systems in Amdukan,
- 118 systems in Antares – this is an accurate count-
- 75+ systems in Gashikan,
- 20+ systems in Gzasfueg,
- 20+ systems in Trenchans,
- 237 systems in Lishun, – this is an accurate count-
- 75+ systems in Mendan,
- 30+ systems in Meshan,
- 2 systems in Vland, – this is an accurate count- and
- 7 systems in Windhorn,
A search for the Greater Annililik Run gives you Trojan Reach, Reft, Deneb, Corridor, Vland, Lishun as well as Core sectors. Since this is a “Run”, I suppose it wouldn’t be a J-1 Main, but rather a J-2 route (run). Does anyone have a published reference to this term?
A search for the Annililik Triangle gives you, Vland, Lishun as well as Core sectors, with no relevant Main that hits those sectors. Could we suggests that this is a combination of j-1 mains? Does anyone have a published reference to this term?
I am aware of Annililik Run, the book, but I can’t seem to locate my copy right now. So any help would be appreciated.
My primary reason to post this in the forum, rather than on the Lishun Sector page is because I anticipate further questions as I work way way through Charted Space.
- I just did a search through the Annililik Run book, but it contains no other references. The book title really refers to the main ship (The Annililik: 600 Tons, J4, M2) and it's travels from Vland to Core. The book itself contains no astrographic data, just a collection of worlds to visit and have adventures on. It makes exactly one reference to "Annililik Run", with the implication it is the trip between Vland and Core.
- The book makes no reference to the Annililik Triangle. Tjoneslo (talk) 18:47, 11 January 2018 (EST)
It's not in the regular material. It's in the unpublished material.
- Will have to dig out the citations.
- One of the authors, not Ward, also mentions it on his web site.
- http://www.converj.com/sites/gushemege/commentary/annililik_run.html -> has a better synopsis of the book, and a clearer description of the Run itself missing from the book. This entry was written by David Burden, and it's his website. He may have more information directly. Tjoneslo (talk) 06:40, 12 January 2018 (EST)
- Every 4 years a competition, synonymous with the Run, is held in which competing teams have to travel as quickly and profitably as they can from Vland to Capital. Played either as a competition between PCs, or as PCs against referee run adversaries ( Wacky Races in space? ) the PCs keep those deals and jumps coming fast.
- Ships have been disappearing for years, but recently so may have gone that traders are afraid to complete the Run. The PCs are recruited by a world desperate to see trade restored to find out just what is going on.
- Thinking about the "tail end" of the run as the point of the triangle, widening to about 6 hexes in width at the border between Core and Lishun.; at the rimward end of the Vilani main.
Planning on going through Trojan Reaches to Ley Sector (Trailing to Spinward)
Over 4,000 systems so far, with associated mains, clusters etc.... getting to be quite a long list...
Looks great. Thanks.
- Empty Quarter
- Glimmerdrift Reaches
- Spinward Marches
- Trojan Reach
Planning on going through Verge to Glimmerdrift (Trailing to Spinward)
Planning on going through Reaver's Deep to Hinterworlds (Trailing to Spinward)
Planning on going through the remainder of the Imperium
"Publish" a new Annotated Atlas of the Imperium - Second Survey hopefully.