From Traveller Wiki - Science-Fiction Adventure in the Far future
Revision as of 09:51, 6 September 2019 by Maksim-Smelchak
- Typically environments are associated with specific life-supporting factors on terrestrial worlds.
Library Data Referral Tree
- Environmental Classifications
- Sociographic Classifications
- Ancients world
- Dieback world
These various factors include:
- Physical factors: What is the surface of the world, if present, solids or liquids? Perhaps even gases?
- Biological factors: Does the environment support life?
- Chemical factors: Does the environment support a beneficial biochemistry?
Biotic vs. Abiotic
- Life-supporting environments are called biotic as in capable of supporting organic lifeforms.
- Environments which do not support conventional life are known as abiotic, or not capable of supporting organic lifeforms.
History & Background (Dossier)
- Barren world
- Data Repository
- Dyson sphere