Endeavor class Ship Transporter
|Endeavor class Ship Transporter|
Unpublished, non-canon fan design.
|Type: VC Tender|
|Cargo|| 1,540 dTons|
Ship Capacity 10,000 Tons
|Cost|| MCr11,237.650 (base)|
|Hull||[[Dispersed Structure Hull]]|
|Passengers||195 High/Med 250 Low|
|Reference||Ade Alagoric Stewart|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard.|
The Endeavor class Ship Transporter is a mercantile starship.
The Endeavor class is a large Tender encountered within the Distant Fringe region. It is classified as a Ship Tender and is constructed as a long-range design. Similar designs have been in use from the time the Distant Fringe was first settled.
- The vessel is a TL-11 design.
A commercial Endeavor class Ship Transporter mounting two Bluestone class Cargo Barges.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (of ten craft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|1.||Tonnage||The Ship Transporter is constructed using a 30,000 dTon hull built in a dispersed structure configuration. The hull is unstreamlined and has no capability to perform atmospheric operations.|
|2.||Crew|| Total Crew Complement: x195
There are x300 Staterooms.
There are x250 Low Berths. These are tended by the vessel's medical staff, assisted by properly trained stewards.
|3.||Performance||The vessel mounts a DeVoss-type Jump-2 drive, a Maneuver-1 drive, and a Power Plant-2, giving performance of Jump-2, 1-G acceleration, and producing 600 Energy Points. The ship has an agility rating of 0 and an emergency agility of 1. The internal fuel tankage is sufficient for two Jump-2s and gives the power plant 6 weeks duration.|
|4.||Electronics||Adjacent to the bridge is a Model/4 Computer: the vessel has a backup Model/4 Computer.|
|5.||Hardpoints|| x300 hardpoints.
|6.||Armament||The normal weapons fit-out for a Ship Transporter is:|
|7.||Defenses|| The hull is unarmored.
|8.||Craft|| Flight Section
|9.||Fuel Treatment||The vessel has internal fuel tankage of 7,700.0 dTons.|
|10.||Cost||The basic cost of the vessel, complete with its complement of subcraft, is MCr13,593.474|
|11.||Construction Time|| 187 weeks (47 months) as standard.
|12.||Comments||Standard cargo capacity amounts to 16,000 dTons of internal (protected) volume.|
History & Background (Dossier)
- Vessels of this type are frequently employed in the Recovery Trade.
- They are commonly used to deploy large non-jump vessels such as Cargo Barges.
- The military variant of this design is the Military Ship Transporter.
The Civilian Ship Transporter is capable of carrying "overburden" cargos: a payload of up to 30,000 dTons. The major limiting factor on overburdening a vessel is the capability of the ship's Model/4 Computer. If the total displacement tonnage of the vessel, including its overburden cargo, is 50,000 dTons or more, the computer cannot perform the calculations necessary to initiate a jump transition.
- The overburden payload increases the ship's displacement tonnage – to an upper limit of 50,000 dTons – but any degree of overburdening reduces its performance to jump-1 and 0.5G acceleration.
- The payload must be fully contained within the jump bubble.
- The practice of overburdening a ship places extreme stresses and strains on the internal equipment and dramatically increases the chances of a catastrophic failure.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
A number of companies manufacture ships equivalent to the Endeavor class. They vary in hull shape and internal layout but all share the same basic design and all have very similar capabilities and performance characteristics.
- Each variant class is named by the company that produces it: these organizations generally draw on traditional naming protocols. It is not uncommon for a historical class name to be reused.
- Individual vessels within a class are issued specific serial numbers and transponder codes but traditionally are named by their first crew, though from a list of approved options. This is considered a serious affair and a ship with a frivolous name is considered "unlucky".
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type TBD class Tender:
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science