Dewclaw class Fleet Scout
|Dewclaw class Fleet Scout|
|Type: SF Fleet Scout|
|Also see||Scout Vessel|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan design.|
|EOS||Still in active service.|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 1 Low|
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
The Dewclaw class Fleet Scout is a scouting starship.
It is a small scout vessel with 3-G, J-4 performance. Overall the design is a somewhat delusional and uninspired one.
- Selecting missiles for its weapon suite is somewhat strange in that it is too small to carry reloads, and once expended the ship lacks protection. In addition, even if the missiles pack a charge, it is somewhat out of character with its mission of reconnaissance and scouting. The missiles tend to give their commanders delusions of glory, when the function of the ship is to get the word back to those who need it.
- It ordinarily carries no subcraft nor drones.
- It has a three sophont crew and one marine. The lone heroic marine is a staple in Aslan legend, to sally forth and capture an enemy merchant single handedly is a common fantasy. Imperial commanders usually leave this berth empty to give the crew more room.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (of ten craft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|2.||Crew||3 with 1 Marine.|
|3.||Performance||J-4, 3-G, Agility-1.|
|4.||Electronics||x1 Model/1 Computer. It has a relatively large computer to ensure missile hits in an ECM rich environment and a crude back up.|
|6.||Armament||The trio of nuclear tipped missiles are its only protection.|
|7.||Defenses||This small scout can take some critical hits without being put out of action.|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||The lack of fuel scoops and a purification plant severely limits its flexibility.|
|11.||Construction Time||8 months.|
History & Background (Dossier)
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
No information yet available.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type S class Scout/Courier
- Dewclaw class Fleet Scout
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science