Dave Thomas is a Traveller artist, contributor, and fan. He is also a professional biologist who studies astrobiology. Dave occasionally refers to himself in the third person, but usually avoids doing so in public.
- He is also cited as David J. Thomas.
Professor of Biology at Lyon College in Batesville, Arkansas, USA.
History & Background (Dossier)
Dave has been a Traveller player, on and off, since 1982. He especially enjoys designing starships, usually using Book 5 High Guard rules. While he owns books from all of the various Traveller rule sets, he usually uses the classic "Little Black Books" and adds in the parts he likes from later books.
This gentlesophont has the following external links available:
- EXTERNAL LINK: Dave's Home Page
- EXTERNAL LINK: Full-size Traveller coporation logos in JPG format
- EXTERNAL LINK: Full-size Traveller coporation logos in PNG format
Favorite Wiki Pages
Dave designed most of logos for the many corporations and megacorporations listed in the Traveller Wiki. While he tried to avoid duplicating/replacing logos that exist in the Traveller canon, he may have done so inadvertently on occasion anyway. What started out as a few Traveller-related memes grew into a monster project. So far, Dave has uploaded and linked more than 600 logos to the appropriate wiki pages.
Dave's To-do List
LAST UPDATED: 9 October 2019 CE
Library Data Entries (Public)
Traveller RPG Wiki Participation
This person has elected to participate at the wiki.
- He has created and contributed numerous corporation and organization logo images.
Bibliography-Ludography (Published Products)
This person has authored, contributed, playtested, or otherwise participated in the publication of the following products:
- Real-world scientific articles on astrobiology, exobiology, ecopoeisis, planetary engineering, and terraforming:
- Effects of atmospheric pressure on the survival of photosynthetic microorganisms during simulations of ecopoesis 2008.
- Extremophiles for ecopoiesis: desirable traits for and survivability of pioneer martian organisms 2006.
- Performance evaluation of a laboratory test bed for planetary biology 2006.
- An inexpensive apparatus for growing photosynthetic microorganisms in exotic atmospheres 2005.
- Common freshwater cyanobacteria grow in 100% CO2 2005.
- Interstellar panspermia revisited again: in defense of life's evolution on Earth 2002.
- Denitrification by Pseudomonas aeruginosa under simulated engineered Martian conditions 2000.
- Genetic modification and selection of microorganisms for growth on Mars 1995.
- Biological aspects of the ecopoeisis and terraformation of Mars: current perspectives and research. 1995
- Mars after the Viking missions: is life still possible? 1991.
|Books by this Author|
Extension:DynamicPageList (DPL), version 3.1.0: Warning: No results.
References & Contributions (Sources)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: David J. Thomas, Ph.D.
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science