Ancient Order of Vland
The modern subdivisions of the Ancient Order of Vland are:
- Grand Knight of the Ancient Order of Vland ("Apkallu Kiduunuuzii Balandin") (A.K.B.)
- Knight of the Ancient Order of Vland ("Kiduunuuzii Balandin") (K.B.)
Ordinary members of the order are Kiduunuuzii Balandin (K.B.) or Knights of the Ancient Order of Vland. The only other rank is the Apkallu Kiduunuuzii Balandin (A.K.B.) or Grand Knight of the Ancient Order of Vland.
- The badge of the order is "sable, the Vilani chaplet gules" -- the only formal use of this emblem allowed in the Third Imperium.
- The precedence of the order is after the Ancient and Preeminent Order of Sylea and before the Order of Gateway.
Like the Ancient and Preeminent Order of Sylea, the Ancient Order of Vland predates the foundation of the Imperium. During the early days of the Imperium, the order was actually higher in precedence than the Order of Sylea, but junior to the Order of Terra. The current members of the Order consider themselves to be lower in prestige than the distinction of the order deserves, and insists that its title be translated as the "Ancient Order of Vland".
The subdivisions of the order have changed since the early days of the Third Imperium.
- The original subdivisions of the "Order of Vland" were:
- Knight/Dame Commander of the Order of Vland (KCV / DCV)
- Knight/Dame of the Order of Vland (KV / DV)
- Companion of the Order of Vland (CV)
- The headquarters of the order are located on Vland, in what was once one of the smaller palaces of the Ishimkarun. The order maintains a small headquarters on Capital, with administrative offices and quarters for transient members.
No information yet available.
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Loren Wiseman. Nobles (Steve Jackson Games, 2005), 23.
- Michael Berry, David Burden. Milieu 0 Campaign (Imperium Games, 1996), 58.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science