|Zydar/Zydar (Beyond 0830)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
- It lacks adequate resources to expand its economy to a rich status.
- Its economy and population are rapidly growing and living conditions are expected to quickly rise barring outside forces.
- This world is also the overall capital of an interstellar government with the extra trade and prestige associated with that role.
- This is a "Puzzle" world designated as an Amber Zone. Caution is advised since the world has an environment, laws, customs, life forms, or other conditions that are not well understood and might be a danger to a visitor.
- It is a member of the Zydarian Codominium in the Zydar Subsector of Beyond Sector.
- Located in Zydar Subsector, which is subsector I of the The Beyond Sector.
- Zydar is the capital of the Zydarian Codominium
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
This planet is a large planet with a standard oxygen/nitrogen atmosphere and a 60% hydrosphere, located in the habitable zone of a yellow-white main sequence star. There are high capacity TL–A naval shipyards. The Zydar Class Light Cruisers and Legion Class Picket Boats are manufactured here. There is a Naval Base and a Scout Base located in this system.
Ruled by a religious dictatorship confident in the righteous nature of their decrees, the input of the masses is not a credible source of power in this society. The crusade of faith to address the universe on their terms is responsible for the fanatical loyalty and zealot level morale. Unfortunately, military commanders are often selected for their religious zeal and not always for their tactical genius.
It has been questioned if the amber travel advisory applies because of the aggressive and intolerant religious climate, the abundance of "privateers", the Star Legion Fleets and military units, OR a combination of all of the above.
Zydar Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Zydar Primary Yellow G2 V
History & Background (Dossier)
Zydar is the subsector capital and the capital of the Zydarian Codominium. It serves as fleet headquarters for the Zydarian Codominium Star Legion. It is often referred to as a "wretched hive of scum and villainy." Too small to directly challenge the Comsentient Alliance, it is nevertheless known to be a haven for criminals, malcontents, rebels, and pirates. The government is generous with the distribution of letters of marquee, and as long as they get they cut loosely affiliated "naval auxiliaries" are permitted to operate. If they turn to bite the hand that feeds them, the full force of the Star Legion will be swiftly loosed upon them.
Their military reserves can make up in numbers what they lack in technological sophistication. This has been sufficient to allow this high population world to dominate so many low population neighbors. Since the failed uprisings and the rival rebellious sects have all been dismantled, the population has been disarmed "for their own protection." Arms smuggling or black market weapons sales to civilians carry the heaviest penalties, summary execution, without trial.
Zydar has an excellent quality starport.
- A Class-A Starport Facility has very well developed shipyards and is capable of producing first rate starships.
- This facility has many very skilled personnel who can perform not only major repair work, but overhaul work as well.
- This facility has advanced refueling and refining infrastructure. One may purchase practically any kind of refined fuel here.
- Almost every starport of this class possesses both a Lowport and a Highport. Sometimes multiple ports of each type.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is incomplete meaning it lacks important features, structure, or content. More work needs to be done to make this a good article. This is step 4. in the article refinement process.
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|