From Traveller Wiki - Science-Fiction Adventure in the Far future
- It is a type of lifeform, a typoid.
- It is a classification of creature type.
- Please also see Phytoid.
Library Data Referral Tree
- B: Biology / Biotechnology (Bio-)
- Artificial Womb
- Bio-Identenoid (Typoid)
- Genetic Engineering AKA Geneering
- Personality Recording
- Relict Regeneration
- Replacement Body Part
A zoophytoid creature is distinguished by a number of characteristics:
- Zoophytoids typically have a wide variety of trophics, bing able to sustain themselves as primary producers (...plants) and secondary consumers (...animals).
Specific Species Examples
- Fern Coral, native to the oceans of Terra.
- Irlaggurian Plankton
- Ka Keleree
- Llellewyloly AKA Dandelions
It is relatively common for a creature to meet sufficient criteria to qualify as more than one classification of animal.
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science