Zhodani (Alien Module)
Encounters with the Psionic Masters
|Author||J. Andrew Keith, Marc Miller, John Harshman|
|Product no. 258|
The fourth in the series of Alien Modules for Classic Traveller looks at the Zhodani, the most alien of the three major star faring human races with a culture and society where Psionics are fully integrated.
In a culture where psionics is an accepted talent, available to all with high enough potential, the very fabric of society is changed. Those with the talent are naturally the elite; those without are the proletariat. Such a society can naturally evolve to oppress the masses. But a psionic society also allows perfect communication, and can produce a better society for everyone. The Zhodani, humans who discovered and adopted psionics early in their history, had both choices, and took a little of each. The result is a psionic society where everyone is happy and content, because psionic re-education ensures the discontent are found and shown the error of their ways.
Zhodani, Traveller Alien Module 4, describes in detail this alien race, its homeworld, and its starfaring society.
This Alien Module includes:
- Zhodani History and Culture: Detailed essays on the nature of the Zhodani, their culture, their behavior, and their society.
- Zhodani Character Generation: Six basic careers adapted for Zhodani culture. Careers include Army, Navy, the elite Guards, Merchants, Government, and Proles.
- Advanced Character Generation: Character and skill tables for Mercenary and High Guard (you must have Mercenary and High Guard to make full use of them).
- World Generation: Tables and rules for creating Zhodani worlds.
- Zhodani Encounters: Patrons and random encounter lists for ventures into Zhodani territory.
- Weapons: Complete data tables for both basic Traveller and Mercenary personal weapons.
- Zhodani Word Generation: fast and easy generation of Zhodani names and words - to add depth to any Zhodani adventure.
- The Zhodani Consulate: Basic multi-sector map of Zhodani territory showing its relationship to the Imperium.
- And Adventure: The scenario in this module allows players and referees to actually participate in an alien culture, using the background and data provided for role-playung with these alien creatures.
- J. Andrew Keith, Marc Miller and John Harshman.
- Cover Art
- David Deitrick
- Interior Illustrations
- Steve Venters, Bryan Gibson, and David Deitrick
- Art Direction
- Paul R. Banner
Table of Contents
Sectors of the Zhodani Consulate IFC Introduction 1 Zhodane 3 The History of the Zhodani 5 Zhodani Sectors 10 The Zhodani Consulate 11 Zhodani Society 12 Zhodani Combat Armor 15 Warbots 18 The Zhodani language 20 Zhodani Character Generation 23 Zhodani Mercenary Characters 30 Zhodani Naval Characters 31 Zhodani World Generation 35 Zhodani Encounters 39 Zhodani Starships 40 Weapons and Equipment tables 42 Psionics 44 Additional Game Rules 46 Vlezpridliashav (adventure) 47