Yugo class Patrol Ship
|Yugo class Patrol Ship|
Distant Fringe vessel.
|Type: HTP Patrol Ship|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan design.|
Qty: MCr 51.188
|Origin||Worlds of The Leader|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 0 Low|
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
The Yugo class Patrol Ship is a class of low displacement warships used primarily for infiltration and espionage.
- It is a military ship and a Patrol Ship.
- Please also see AAB article: Ships of the Distant Fringe.
- Please also see AAB article: Warships of the Distant Fringe.
The TL–11 hulls have Jump-2 drives and carry enough internal fuel for two Range-2 Jumps, and carry drop tanks with 28 days of power plant fuel and an additional Jump-2 as needed. Armament is a pair of 50kg capacity, magazine fed missile racks. They have a partially streamlined close structure hull equipped with fuel scoops and on board fuel purification for wilderness gas giant refueling.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||130 tons (standard), 1,820 cubic meters.|
|2.||Crew||1 officer, 4 ratings.|
|3.||Performance||Jump-2. 2-G acceleration. Power plant-2. 2.6-EP. Agility-2.|
|4.||Electronics||Model 2 computer.|
|6.||Armament||One dual turret with two missile racks, firing as two batteries.|
|8.||Craft||Can carry two 8 ton TL–B Inselm Mark Five class Fighters.|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||Fuel scoops with fuel purification plant.|
|10.||Cost||MCr63.985 standard. MCr 51.188 in quantity.|
|11.||Construction Time||43 weeks standard. 35 weeks in quantity.|
There are currently five of these vessels in service with the Glorious Leader's Benevolent Patrol Flotilla. These vessels were superseded by some of the larger patrol vessels to follow this class. One is believed to have been captured by unnamed enemy forces. Four had to be transferred to repay debts owed. One was retired for drive failure. One was lost in a training exercise due to poor maintenance and a catastrophic reactor event. There are not currently enough surviving 8 ton TL–B Inselm Mark Five class Fighters available to equip all vessels in this class.
Despite this service history, the Leader has offered variations of these vessels for export to foreign allies.
Distant Fringe Vessels
The Distant Fringe is said to be a far spinward-rimward area inhabited by colonists and refugees originating on Terra. The region is extremely isolated, separated from the rest of Charted Space by vast, almost uncrossable rifts that were once broached by a system of calibration Points and the use of tankers. Those few academics within Charted Space who have found references to the Distant Fringe regard it as little more than a tall tale. Likewise, many of the inhabitants of the Distant Fringe believe the existence of Charted Space to be mythical.
Vessels originating within the Distant Fringe are very rarely encountered outside of the region. However, misjumps do occur and anomalies with bizarre spacetime and Jumpspace effects exist: as such, craft of this type are not entirely unknown within Charted Space.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Each vessel within the class is named by the government of the state that produces it. They generally draw on traditional naming protocols and it is not uncommon for a historical class name to be reused.
- Individual vessels within the class are issued specific serial numbers and transponder codes.
- Naming a ship is considered a serious affair and is generally accompanied by a traditional ceremony, usually pouring a local beverage over the bows of the craft. Starfarers tend to be superstitious folk and a ship with a frivolous name is considered "unlucky".
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type TP class Patrol Ship
- Yugo class Patrol Ship
|This article has Metadata|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science