Windsor (SM 1935) (world)
|Primary||K9 V M0 V|
|Government||Company or Corporation|
|Army size (BEs)||1|
|World Trade Number||3.5|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||262|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||0|
|Port passengers (annual)||0|
Windsor is a nonindustrial, pre-rich world still lacking adequate population to expand its economy to a rich status.
- As a nonindustrial world, it requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society. The need to import most manufactured and high technology goods drives the price of these goods up in the open market. It is a member of Third Imperium in the Glisten Subsector of Spinward Marches Sector and in the Domain of Deneb. Windsor , as a member world of the Third Imperium, holds the estate of an Imperial knight and a baronet. Both are members of the Imperial Nobility charged with overseeing the world.
|Army size (BEs)||15|
|World Trade Number||4|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||4,030|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||900|
|Port passengers (annual)||15,200|
Era: New Era
Windsor is a rich, nonindustrial world.
- As a nonindustrial world, it requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society. The need to import most manufactured and high technology goods drives the price of these goods up in the open market.
- It has high-grade living conditions and life on this world is much admired by off-worlders. It is a member of Regency of Deneb in the Glisten Subsector of Spinward Marches Sector. 10% of the world's population is the Major Race Aslan.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
Windsor orbits the gas giant Vintii, which is itself unusual in being very close to the system's primary, a K9 star. Vintii is itself almost a brown dwarf, and emits enough heat to give Windsor a hot climate.
Windsor has a dense oxygen-nitrogen atmosphere.
Binary Solar System
Windsor (SM 1935) Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Notes Windsor (SM 1935) Primary Primary Orange K9 V Windsor (SM 1935) Companion Secondary Red M0 V
History & Background (Dossier)
Windsor was originally discovered, claimed, and developed by the Exploration Division of the Al Morai merchant line during the Third Century. The world was subsequently sold to Ling-Standard Products.
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Marc Miller. The Spinward Marches Campaign (Game Designers Workshop, 1985), TBD.
- Dave Nilsen. The Regency Sourcebook (Game Designers Workshop, 1995), 50.
- Martin Dougherty, Neil Frier. Behind the Claw (Steve Jackson Games, 1998), 96.
- JTAS Online The Outrim Frontier by Hans Rancke-Madsen published June 19, 2007
- Mongoose Traveller: Spinward Marches