From Traveller Wiki - Science-Fiction Adventure in the Far future
|Welzer/Karse (Old Expanses 2228)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
|Primary||K4 V M3 V|
Welzer is a preindustrial, moderate population world with over a hundred million, but not yet at a billion sophonts in population size.
- As a preindustrial world, this planet cannot yet manufacture enough high-technology resources to support a modern, star-faring society. Having to import most manufactured and high tech goods drives the price up for these items at this world.
- This is a cold world with an overall climate is at the lower temperature range of human-congruous sophont endurance.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Karse Subsector of Old Expanses Sector in the Domain of Sol.
- This world has a nearby Imperial Way Station.
- The governance of this world is from Samosk (Old Expanses 2329)
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
One of 15 worlds in this binary system.
- It has a 0.56 G surface gravity and 0.71 atmospheric pressure.
- The molten iron core results in a density 4.94 g/ml.
- It has a cool climate which partially results from its 0.7 AU distance from the primary.
Binary Solar System
Welzer Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Welzer Primary Primary Orange K4 V Welzer Companion Secondary Red M3 V
History & Background (Dossier)
No information yet available.
Imperial High (Landed) Nobility
- It holds the estate of an Imperial knight.
- It holds the fiefdom of an Imperial marquis.
- It holds the fiefdom of an Imperial viscount.
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Jim Cunningham, John Harshman, J. Andrew Keith, Marc W. Miller, Gordon Sheridan. Atlas of the Imperium (Game Designers Workshop, 1984), .
- Periodical: Classic Traveller FASA High Passage Magazine
- Periodical: MegaTraveller Travellers' Digest No. 12
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science