|Government||Company or Corporation|
|Army size (BEs)||0|
|World Trade Number||2.5|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||0|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||0|
|Port passengers (annual)||0|
Vipan is a fluid world with an oceanic geography of a liquid other than water such as ammonia, methane, hydrocarbons, or other exotic liquids. The system supports a population of fewer than 10,000 sophonts. It is a member of Third Imperium in the Gimushi Subsector of Empty Quarter Sector and in the Domain of Antares. Vipan, as a member world of the Third Imperium, holds the estate of an Imperial knight, a member of the Imperial Nobility charged with overseeing the world.
Astrography and Planetology
Part of the Sashar-Pamushgar Cluster.
Vipan Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Vipan Primary Primary Red M8 V
History and Background
Vipan is a hellish world with a very dense and corrosive atmosphere and a roasting environment. Fortunately, Vipan’s atmosphere is composed largely of carbon dioxide. This gas is poisonous but comparatively inert, allowing a floating city of 30,000 sophonts to live and work at cheaply processing the more dangerous and valuable gases and liquids below into a form in demand by nearby industries. The town, called Vipanpura (“Vipan town” in Hindi), is noticeably on the low–tech side of such things, but it is reasonably self–sufficient. Living standards are noticeably better than you’d expect for a (largely) closed–system TL 8 habitat, but still nothing to write home about.
The very name, Vipan, means “Sail” or “Petty Trade” in Hindi. The world has been a centre of a minor trade network since the days of the Ziru Sirka: the very design of the city, relying on buoyancy instead of antigrav to remain in the air, points to its antiquity. The current city was originally built by the Bwaps in –220: the Bwap noble who ruled the system bartered it to an Indian prince in 581, but it’s a different Vilani/Indian family, descended from an old pirate clan than went legit (sort of), that sits on the local throne today.
The Cimbajah Graves were found dug into the earth of the roaring open-air oven of Vipan. The remains of several men in TL-D Battle Dress, surrounding a man in a distinctive version of the same battle armour, were uncovered. The identity of the man in the centre of the protective formation, probably a noble, is still under investigation.
UWP Changes (all dates are Imperial Calendar)
- T20 - 993 - Vipan 1038 CAB6498-8 Fl Lo Ni 311 Im
- CT - 1105 - Vipan 1038 CAB6315-8 Fl Lo Ni 811 Im
- MT - 1125 - Vipan 1038 EAB63A6-4 Fl Lo Ni 411 Ou - Outlands
- TNE - 1201 - Vipan 1038 XAB6000-0 Ba Fl 011 --
References and Contributors
- Citation Missing - Stellar Reaches No. 1 -UWP Only
- Citation Missing - Stellar Reaches No. 5 - UWP Only
- Alvin Plummer. "Maps and UWP’S for the Empty Quarter: 993, 1105, 1125, and 1201 Imperial." Stellar Reaches No. 17 (2011): 16. - UWP Only
- Citation Missing - Stellar Reaches No. 9
- Alvin Plummer. "Data Dump: Updated Maps and UWPs for the Empty Quarter, 993 and 1105 Imperial." Stellar Reaches No. 19 (2012): 48. - UWP Only
- World page generated by AB-101
- Data compiled by ’’MIMIC’’ - Minor Imp of the Ministry of Information and Communication