A Viewport is a transparent panel built into a hull.
- Viewports are most commonly oriented to Vision.
- Senses may be enhanced by technological means such as Binox or telescopes.
Viewports are typically associated with the bridge of the vessel, allowing the command crew to have a direct external view of their surroundings. They may also be found as part of a Stateroom, in lounges, or in observation decks on vessels such as Liners
- Viewports are available from TL-5.
Viewports are made from hardened and strengthened laminated materials. Their composition includes insulation as well as photochromatic layers that darken on exposure to light of sufficient intensity. Viewports range in size from simple observation portholes to very large pilot windscreens. Many include closable shutters and may be armored.
- Jordan Weisman. "Book 2." Adventure Class Ships Volume 1 (1982): TBD.
- Marc Miller. Agent of the Imperium (Far Future Enterprises, 2015), TBD.
- Marc Miller. T5 Core Rules (Far Future Enterprises, 2013), 356, 357.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science