Verant's Head Nebula
The Verant's Head Nebula is a large dim group of gases and dark clouds measuring around 9 parsecs coreward-rimward by 10 parsecs spinward-trailing.
- It is classified as a reflection nebula and is primarily formed of ionized gases, thrown off by the stars at its center many millennia ago.
- The gases consist of about 90% hydrogen, with the remainder made up of helium, oxygen, nitrogen, and other elements. The clouds have a mean density of 102–106 particles/cm³.
Binary Solar System
VHN2-ab Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks VHN2-ab Primary Primary Orange K7 V None VHN2-ab Companion Secondary Orange K3 VI None
Hex Location: 1122 Argent Sector. 0 Gas Giants.
VHN1-a Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks VHN1-a Primary Yellow G6 V None
Hex Location: 1021 Argent Sector. 2 Gas Giants.
VHN3-a Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks VHN3-a Primary Red M2 VI None
Hex Location: 1022 Argent Sector. 0 Gas Giants.
The positions and types of the stars present within the Verant's Head Nebula have been cataloged as part of the University of Tal Varisa Deep Sky Program. The nebula is named for its supposed resemblance to the head of a Verant, a common riding beast within the Distant Fringe.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
World Listing: 1105
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: WHULorigan
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science