Vargr (Alien Module)
Freebooting encounter with the wolves of space
|Publisher||Game Designers Workshop|
|Author||J. Andrew Keith, Marc Miller, John Harshman|
|Product No. 257|
Terran canines, genetically manipulated to intelligence and transferred to another world by the mysterious and enigmatic civilization called the Ancients. These are the Vargr, interstellar neighbors of the Imperium. Their seemingly irrational race has long been a mystery to the ordinary human, and now it is possible to learn more about their culture and their society.
Vargr, Traveller Alien Module 3, describes in detail this alien race, its homeworld, and its starfaring society.
This Alien Module includes:
- Vargr History and Culture: Several detailed essays on the nature of the Vargr, their culture, their behavior, and their society.
- Vargr Character Generation: Six basic careers, including Navy, Corsairs, army, Emissaries, Merchants, and Loners.
- Also included are details and modifications to standard systems to allow Vargr to be generated as Imperial citizens.
- Advanced Character Generation: Character and skill tables for Mercenary and High Guard (you must have Mercenary and High Guard to use them fully).
- World Generation: Tables and rules for Vargr worlds, governments, bases, law and tech levels.
- Vargr Word Generation: Fast and easy generation of vargr names and words - to add depth to Vargr characters and worlds.
- The Vargr Extents: Basic multi-sector map of Vargr territory, showing its relationship to the Imperium and detailing some of the numerous governments. Sectors are named in Vargr, with Imperial names where applicable.
- And a Puzzle: A Vargr myth holds the key to the whereabouts of a lost fortune. There is one minor problem standing in the way: the story has never been translated. The complete Arrghoun text is included, as well as a glossary and grammar for that language. the players must translate and interpret the document in order to solve the puzzle (an annotated translation is included for the benefit of those referees who are not fluent in Arrghoun). Only after that can the search begin in earnest.
- More than an intellectual puzzle, the adventure in this module is a rousing good time for all concerned.
Table of Contents
Anatomical Drawings of Vargr IFC Introduction 1 The Vargr Race 2 Language and Naming 7 Vargr Character Generation 8 Personal Combat 11 Starships and Space Travel 12 World Generation 13 Vargr Word Generation tables 14 Vargr Character Generation Tables 16 Vargr Mercenary Character Generation Tables 18 Gvurrdon's Story (adventure basis) 21 Arrghoun Grammar 26 Vargr World Generation Checklist 29 Vargr High Guard Character Generation 30 Vargr Encounters 33 Vargr Corsair Character Generation 34 Other Game Rules 37 The Vargr Homeworld 38 Referee's Notes: Vargr 39 Gvurrdon's Adventure 42 Gvurrdon's Story (translation) 44 Gvurrdon Sector Map and Data 46 Sectors of the Vargr Extents Map IBC
Meta-history & Background (Dossier)
No information yet available.
Credits (Primary Sources)
- J. Andrew Keith, Marc Miller, and John Harshman
- Cover Illustration
- David Deitrick
- Interior illustrations
- Steve Venters and William H. Keith, Jr.
- Art Direction
- Paul R. Banner
References & Contributions (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|