Varella class Fleet Tender
|Varella class Fleet Tender|
|Type: VTU Fleet Tender|
|Also see||Subcraft Carrier - Tender|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan design.|
|EOS||Still in active service.|
|Hull||Dispersed Structure Hull|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 0 Low|
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
The Varella class Fleet Tender is an absolutely huge warship.
It is a vessel with 6-G and 4-1 performance with a Unstreamlined Dispersed Structure Hull. Built for the Varellan Empire, the Varella Class Fleet Tender is an unstreamlined dispersed structure with fuel purification. The ship is capable of 6 G's of acceleration and good agility. There is enough internal fuel storage for a single Jump-4. A back up Model/7 fib ship computer is carried. To refuel the vessel is dependent on its riders to scoop fuel, which it refines.
- It carries very heavy armament and a defensive suite. It is equipped with a nuclear damper and meson screen in the event of battle damage. The volume of fire is intended to fend off attackers because once the defenses are penetrated the hull is vulnerable.
- It ordinarily carries a large complement of subcraft and drones when needed. The designed intention of the ship is to deliver meson armed battle riders to the battle lines. The nearly countless shoals of nuclear missiles and fighter squadrons are used to distract enemy ships during launch and recovery operations and to provide over watch during refueling. The marine regiment has drop capsules.
- It has a 9,786 sophont crew and 1,000 marines.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||1,000,000 tons.|
|4.||Electronics||Model/7 fib ship computer.|
|6.||Armament / Weaponry|| The normal weapons fit-out for it is:
The vessel mounts the following weapon systems:
|8.||Craft / Drones||Complement:|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||On Board Fuel Purification|
|11.||Construction Time||TBD months to build, TBD months in quantity.|
Number in Class: 9.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Vessel Peculiarities: No information yet available.
Class Naming Practice/s: No information yet available.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type VTU class Ultraheavy Tender
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science