|Uumirsa/Laraa (Dagudashaag 3032)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
Uumirsa is a high-population ring of many small worldlets (planetoids AKA an "asteroid belt"), not capable of retaining an atmosphere or water, and are both non-agricultural and industrial in nature with a billion or more sophonts in population size.
- These worldlets warrant hazardous environment precautions.
- Life in a vacuum requires great discipline. After all, it only takes one forgotten seal on a vacuum suit to spell death. Those who survive tend to be very methodically-minded and attentive to small detail.
- As a group of industrial worldlets, well-developed manufacturing and processing sectors are major business here. Manufactured goods are a major export item.
- The worldlets are, for the most part, unable to produce quality foodstuffs and must import them.
- The world serves as the subsector capital.
- This a "high technology" world with technology achievements at, near, or over technology standards for Charted Space.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Laraa Subsector of Dagudashaag Sector in the Domain of Vland.
- This world has a nearby Imperial Naval Base, capable of handling warships.
- It also contains an Imperial Scout Base, capable of handling IISS starships and personnel.
- It has a colony at Khaammumlar (world).
Astrography and planetology
No information yet available.
Uumirsa Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Uumirsa Primary Orange K2 V
History & Background (Dossier)
Uumirsa is a primary producer of computers and computer components, which are often resold throughout the Imperium under brand name.
- The Uumirsa Belt is the headquarters of the Miradyne-Shumaar Shipyards, one of the best known producers of asteroid-hulled spacecraft in the Imperial Core.
Imperial High / Landed Nobility
- It holds the estate of an Imperial knight.
- It holds the fiefdom of an Imperial count.
- It holds the fiefdom of an Imperial subsector duke.
Point of Interest: Artificially Intelligent Computers
The Uumir are best known of their AI computers which mimic sentient thought. So great is their skill the entire planet is governed by a series of AI computers called Monad which are capable of interfacing directly with the population through its temples and with the ruling families through home based nodes.
Each inhabitant is required by law to have a recorder in their rooms and are required to answer all questions put to them by the Monad honestly and accurately. Monad will randomly pick a selection of the population each day and use their opinions to modify its decisions so the population will be contented.
Monad also has the ability to "bless" and "curse" – it will grant individual blessings on a random basis provided such wishes will have only a minor effect on others. In addition it will randomly "curse" wrongdoers by adding selective poisons to that persons food and water. Recent research by the IISS have revealed that while the current generation of Uumir are both happy and contented they do seem to be lacking the same innovative drive of their ancestors.
Point of Interest: Uumirsa Grand Dance Festival
Uumirsa is home to Dagudashaag's largest dance festival, which takes palace every year and last for over two months.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|