Welcome. Thank you for your work and edits.
- Please contact Thomas Jones-Low or Maksim-Smelchak for assistance or direction at the Traveller RPG Wiki if desired.
- Please contact Maksim-Smelchak at CotI.
Welcome to the Traveller Wiki. Thank you for your edits to Vilani. If you have any questions or need more information, please contact me on my talk page or the Forum. Tjoneslo (talk) 20:45, 17 September 2013 (EDT)
Plural acronyms (2018)
I did a search here for "TL's" (with the quotes), which does an exact phrase search and came back with 11 articles. Since that's not too many I'm just going to update them manually. Tjoneslo (talk) 18:47, 20 June 2018 (EDT)
- I was going to do that, but if you get them first, no problem. There are probably a lot of other abbreviations with inconsistent use of plurals, but I'm not sure if there's a good way to search for them, short of a global search for "'s" — and that is likely to produce a lot of finds that are correct possessives and contractions.
- Maybe I'll do the Manual of Style addition instead. The differences between all of the writers' guides (Wikipedia, MLA, New York Times, Steve Jackson Games) that I read through are small; they disagree only on points like abbreviations with periods (U.S.A. as opposed to USA), single letters, and single digit numerals. I think what I will advise there is to avoid the conflict (such as by writing "double sixes").
- — Steve98052 (talk) 15:37, 21 June 2018 (EDT)
Every little bit helps. Thanks, Steve.
- You're welcome. (I split this user page off into a new topic, since it's moved on from the original.) — Steve98052 (talk) 01:39, 22 June 2018 (EDT)
Other apostrophes (2018)
I did a search for "it's" (with the quotes), and I found it on a few hundred pages. Based on a hundred or so of those pages, some are appropriate contractions of "it is", but the possessive "its" with the unnecessary apostrophe are more common. Inconveniently, each time I repeat the search, it returns the "it is" contraction pages I've already examined, along with the uncorrected possessive "its" pages. When I resume, I'll open up a search page for each hundred "it's" pages, then look through individual pages from there.
My procedure for cleaning up individual pages is to do a search for it's (without quotes) from the browser (CTRL+F), switch to edit, search the same, remove the inappropriate apostrophes. When all have been corrected (or found correct), I'll tab to the Summary: line, add Corrected possessive "its". (with the quotes and period), and finally tab, tab to Save page, and space to save.
That's partly a note to myself for resuming later. But it can also be a guide to other widespread apostrophe mishaps.
- — Steve98052 (talk) 05:44, 22 June 2018 (EDT)
- I find it odd that repeating the search returns the already corrected pages. I've never seen that effect in all the time I've used the Wiki search function. Are you using the back button to return the search page? That doesn't cause the search to be updated. Nor does refreshing the page, you need to press the search button to redo it. Tjoneslo (talk) 07:46, 22 June 2018 (EDT)
- I may have done new searches in some cases. I worked on it later than I should have, and probably started a new search after losing my place. — Steve98052 (talk) 13:27, 22 June 2018 (EDT)
- Will you be resuming your astrography mapping project anytime soon?
Thank you. I mean all of them. The big project to name clusters and the rest of it.
- I'm not sure what the other ones are. Someone else's project, maybe? — Steve98052 (talk) 01:39, 22 June 2018 (EDT)
Imperial Sun SVG
- — Steve98052 (talk) 19:52, 14 September 2019 (EDT)
Steve, would you please attach your full name as the artist to the image?
I added my full name. I'm not sure whether I put it in the right place though.
The image SVG text is here. User:Steve98052/Imperial Sun SVG
- — Steve98052 (talk) 21:41, 14 September 2019 (EDT)