|Ursimga/Laraa (Dagudashaag 2936)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
- As an agricultural world, this world is a near-ideal environment for producing quality foodstuffs of plant, animal, and other forms. Quality foodstuffs are a major export commodity for this world.
- This is a rich world with a prosperous and thriving world economy.
- Its economy and population are rapidly growing and living conditions are expected to quickly rise barring outside forces.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Laraa Subsector of Dagudashaag Sector in the Domain of Vland.
- A significant population of Aquans resides on this world.
- A significant population of Scanians resides on this world.
No information yet available.
Native Lifeform: Habacuu
History & Background (Dossier)
In the intervening centuries Ursimga developed into a major cultural center with a large Aquan population. It initially developed one of the finest Psionics Institute in Dagudashaag but voluntarily closed its doors in 788 on advice from Akiva's Sanhedra Ben Hakhamim.
Gradually over the next hundred years the planet appeared to withdraw from the galactic community except for the sale of agricultural produce – primarily Memh.
Background event: Reclusive Aquan Community
Ursimga would have remained a non-entity were it not for the rumors that had begun to circulate concerning a group of Aquan's living out in the wilds of the ocean who apparently had developed psionic powers.
- These rumors eventually became so strong that in 1002 an Imperal covert investigations team was sent to discover the truth.
This revealed that although the "Free People" were not practicing psionics they had developed the genetic ability to knowingly manipulate their natural hormone and pheromone excretions to enable them to control the behavior of some native species of mammals.
- What did cause alarm was confirmation some female Aquan's, known locally as Aphrodites, had discovered how to use their excreted pheromones to control males and make them "fall in lust" with them.
- Continued contact with the Free People has proven difficult due to mistrust and their nomadic lifestyle.
- One mystery still unsolved is how the various families communicate with each other over long distances given their dislike of technology.