Uplifted Terran bears.
|Homeworld||Khush (Ley 1804)|
|Reference||The Traveller's Handbook 28-29.|
|Status||Minor Race, Terragen, Uplifted Race|
The Ursa are a technologically sophisticated sophont species.
The Ursa are a genetically engineered and uplifted species, also known as a Variant Race.
Sophonts genetically engineered by early Solomani from Terran “bear” stock. When this phase of Solomani arrogance came to an end, attempts were made to destroy the Ursa. Some Ursa escaped and ensured their racial survival. At least one small enclave is found in the Domain of Deneb. Ursa are rare in the Spinward Marches.
The Solomani originally created the Ursa as an experiment... that went wrong.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
This race (sophont species) is primarily located in the following areas:
- Corridor Sector
- Fornast Sector
- Ley Sector
World Listing: 1105
|This article has two or more sources with conflicting information. Because the conflict has not been resolved, all sources are linked to this article.|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Martin Dougherty, Hunter Gordon. The Traveller's Handbook (QuikLink Interactive, 2002), 28-29.
- Martin Dougherty, Hunter Gordon. Gateway to Destiny (QuikLink Interactive, 2004), 36-37.
- Gregory P. Lee. Cirque (Greylock Publishing, 2014), 8,37.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science