|Urpa/Iiradu (Dagudashaag 2505)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
- As an agricultural world, this world is a near-ideal environment for producing quality foodstuffs of plant, animal, and other forms. Quality foodstuffs are a major export commodity for this world.
- It requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society. Having to import most manufactured and high tech goods drives the price up for these items at this world.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Iiradu Subsector of Dagudashaag Sector in the Domain of Vland.
- It is the homeworld of the Urpayans, a sophontic species and a minor race.
- It is notable as the homeworld of the Urpayans.
Urpa is home to the Urpayans. This race is virtually identical to Humaniti save for their pink pigmentation, purple eyes and hair, and their ability to breathe their homeworld's tainted air. Internal anatomy , is almost identical to humans except the Urpayans have an extremely efficient filter within their large lungs.
History & Background (Dossier)
Urpa was first survey by a ship belonging to the Restryk Corporation, which regards the planet as its own property and treats the Urpayans as slaves, albeit well-treated ones. Urpayans are not allowed to leave the planet or take up employment with anyone other then the Corporation. The main products of Urpa include sweet vegetables, handicrafts, and mechanical locks of great beauty and effectiveness.
An Urpayan leaving the planet will require dietary supplements and a breathing appratus to supply trace gasses — poisonous to others but vital for their survival.
Archaeologists studying the Urpayans have noted the absence of any other similar species, either now or in the past. This contradicts the possibility of parallel evolution at work. The possibility of of the Urpayans as a Minor Human Race has also been rejected. In 899 an archaeologist named Hirum Temple published book with the theory no-one to date had found any trace of the Urpayans existing on the planet much before the Rule of Man. The Urpayans were an extremely primitive race prior to their contact, and had no records or stories which explains their origins.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|